1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2008 1:18 PM by Captiv8r

Time limit for Demonstration?

Mike KCLS
      Using Captivate 3, my organization has been trying to capture some of the classes that take place in our computer lab and make them available online. As the recording goes over an hour, there is an increased likelihood that, when the recording is stopped, Captivate will crash.

Does anyone know what the size / time / slide limit is for a demonstration?
      (The computer running Captivate 3 is a 1.86 Dual Core Pentium 4 processor with 2Gb of RAM and a 128Mb of video memory.)

Has anyone else used Captivate in this manner with better luck? If so, I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Thanks,
      -Mike
        • 1. Re: Time limit for Demonstration?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Mike and welcome to our community

Personally, I think an hour is way way more than Captivate was ever designed to handle. I believe most folks use it for segments averaging five to ten minutes.

Question here. What mode are you using? Screen capture or Full Motion? I ask, because realistically, you would want to avoid Full Motion mode. Even in Screen Capture mode, you would want the presentations to be rather short. We normally recommend anywhere between 50-65 slides as a very broad and general upper limit. There are a great many factors that need to be considered.

Cheers... Rick