4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2012 10:42 AM by emil emil

can i load monitor profile in photoshop ?

Giovannivolontè Level 1

Hi

may i ask a question?

maybe  it's odd but may i load a monitor profile in photoshop?

for example , i did a test and i calibrated my monitor

and i would use the *.icc in photoshop

is there a way to keep the monitor uncalibrated but load this profile in photoshop and work in photoshop with a monitor profile

in short it could be a non sense

i would love to know only if i can load a calibrate monitor profile in photoshop

and if yes , how can i do?

thanks

cheers

• 1. Re: can i load monitor profile in photoshop ?
          emil emil Level 4

The calibration software installs the monitor profile in your system by default.

At any time you can assign any other RGB color profile file to your monitor and you don't even need to have Photoshop installed for that. On Windows you use the Color management control panel for this.

At any time in Photoshop you can use any color profile that supports the color mode of the image to display the image in the color space of the profile by using Assign to profile, Convert to profile, Soft proofing, and for untagged images (without color profile) by setting the working space in the Color Settings.

• 2. Re: can i load monitor profile in photoshop ?
            Giovannivolontè Level 1

thanks

but in short can i load in photoshop a calibrate monitor profile?

how can i do it?

• 3. Re: can i load monitor profile in photoshop ?
              charles badland Level 4

Photoshop will use whatever display profile your display is using. You can double check going Edit>Color Settings> and look at list of RGB Working Spaces. You should see your calibrated monitor profile there.

HOWEVER!! - Photoshop just uses that profile to know what color environment it is displaying in. You do not want to choose your Monitor Profile as your Working Space.

• 4. Re: can i load monitor profile in photoshop ?
                emil emil Level 4

mantralightroom wrote:

thanks

but in short can i load in photoshop a calibrate monitor profile?

how can i do it?

Any color profile file that you put in your system resources will be available for use in Photoshop. On Windows this folder is C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color. So, presuming you know where the color profile file is, take it and put it in that location. Then the color profile will appear in all menus that display color profiles in Photoshop.