4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 10:20 AM by samroyce

Diagonal Gray Bars

samroyce

Hi Adobe,

I have a one-hour interview that stretches between two SxS cards. The clips worked fine last time I opened Premiere, but they now have these bars, accompanied by the black screen:

bars.jpg

After reading all the other posts related to this, I have concluded that my problem is not with nesting or Cineform. I believe the issue may have to do with the fact that there are three clips for this one interview (since I kept recording), that stretch onto two cards, though I have no idea what it could be. The three clips (labeled KaSZ0756_01, _02, _03) are linked properly and are online.

Thank you for any responses!

Sam

• 1. Re: Diagonal Gray Bars
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Those bars mean the original sequence is not as long as the nest.  That's why it shows black, there's no longer any video at that location in the original sequence.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Diagonal Gray Bars
            samroyce Level 1

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. The thing is, I don't have the clip nested. I definitely understand that it's because the clip ended, and now the black screen is because there is no content to display. However, I can't figure out how to fix it. The strangest thing is that I just opened the project file and it was fine, and then I closed and opened it again, and it stopped working.

Thanks,

Sam

• 3. Re: Diagonal Gray Bars
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Did you copy the clips to your hard drive?  If so, did you keep the native camera folder structure intact when you copied them?

Jeff

• 4. Re: Diagonal Gray Bars
                samroyce Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Yes. I kept the EX-1's BPAV folder intact. The clips have been working flawlessly, but I'm starting to realize that they work sometimes, and most of the time don't. They don't suddenly go offline or anything - I can tell if they are going to behave or not as soon as I open the project file.

Sam