1 2 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 3:02 PM by Planetwide

Slow rendering in Media Browser

zoon_unit Level 1

Love the new media browser in Premiere CS6, but when viewing video files (avchd) as thumbnails so I can use the scrubbing, it takes FOREVER for the thumbnails to render, especially if the folder contains more than 10 clips.

The behavior is bizarre: it starts rendering the thumbnails, then after 10 or so renders, the whole process starts over again. The second time, the original 10 thumbnails will render quickly and then it will render an additional 10 or so that will render slowly, then the whole process starts over, ad infinitum.  I have one folder with over 100 short video clips and this render process keeps looping and looping for up to an hour before all the thumbnails in the folder get rendered . . .  weird.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior??

• 1. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I noticed this behavior as well, but with other media.

• 2. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
            jstrawn Adobe Employee

By "rendering" do you mean the initial draw of all the thumbnails? Or something different?

• 3. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Yes, the thumbnails.

• 4. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                zoon_unit Level 1

Ditto Jim: the original thumbnails.  This is problematic because you can't even determine what video clip you need until all the thumbnails are rendered.  This makes Premiere virtually useless when editing a job with lots of short clips.  This MUST be resolved, or CS6 has gotta go back!

• 5. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                  jstrawn Adobe Employee

It's not a behavior that is re-producible across-the-board, so the key will be to found out what it is about your system (or media set, or...???) that is causing the problem and then find a fix. Since you've both seen the problem let's first find out what your scenarios share in common by providing more details on things like:

Operating system (mac win)

System speed and memory

Graphics Display car (model, spped, memory)

Mehtod - did you see this on intial media import or were there any other steps leading up to it? Have you been able to preview other media in the media browser successfully?

...etc...

-James

• 6. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                    zoon_unit Level 1

Here's a quick reply, more details later.  The problem seems to multiply with the number of items in the folder.  One folder with 20 clips renders in about 10 minutes.  I have a folder with 250 clips and it has been cycling now for over 3 hours and is still going.

This rendering issue occurs when entering the media browser for the first time (and all successive times) when I am trying to import files.  If I turn hover scrub off, it seems to be a bit faster, but it still hasn't finished rendering . . .

My machine:

Intel i7 at 2.67ghz

Windows 7 Pro

24 gigs of RAM

1 TB hard drive

Nvidia board with Mercury enabled

Note: all the unprocessed thumbnails say "processing."  I can click on one of those unprocessed files and the thumbnail will render instantly, but as soon as I click off of it for another file, the thumbnail disappears.  If I'm near the bottom of the list while doing this, the media browser will jump me back up to the top of the page whenever the "loop" starts again.  (about every 10-20 seconds)

• 7. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                      zoon_unit Level 1

After 3 1/2 hours, the render process has made it to the bottom of my 270 item folder.  All the thumbnails have rendered and the looping appears to have stopped.  ?????

• 8. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                        jstrawn Adobe Employee

Those specs sound very resonable and they're not far off from my own.. I don't have any more time to spend on this today, but I'll try putting together a repro case tomorrow and see what I come up with.

• 9. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

If these specs are accurate, you major problem is the single disk. Consider heavy traffic on Friday afternoon being directed to a single lane area with traffic lights, where the traffic can only flow in one direction at the time. It does not take a genius to predict that delays will be huge. Same with a single SATA disk.

• 10. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                            zoon_unit Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

If these specs are accurate, you major problem is the single disk. Consider heavy traffic on Friday afternoon being directed to a single lane area with traffic lights, where the traffic can only flow in one direction at the time. It does not take a genius to predict that delays will be huge. Same with a single SATA disk.

Well, actually, I have two disks.  The program (and all my cache files) are on a 300gb Velociraptor which is the highest speed non-RAID disk around.  The work files are on my 1TB Samsung.  So no, I don't think the HD is the bottleneck.  If it were, then there wouldn't be very many customers out there who would be able to use Premiere!

There appears to be some other issue with CS6, because I never had this problem with CS5.5.

• 11. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                              Jim_Simon Level 8

you major problem is the single disk.

I'm not sure that would cause the process to repeat itself over and over.

• 12. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                jstrawn Adobe Employee

Your specs look fine, 2x disk or not... Especially since you had no problems with the same stup in CS 5.5. I'll lookinto it today. What is your problematic file collection looking like on the directory level? .MTS files, right? What are there dimesnions, fps and approximate size? Are you importing them all asa folder or selecting them individually?

Thanks,

-James

• 13. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                  zoon_unit Level 1

File structure is the only thing I can think of as the problem.  Camera was a Panasonic GH2.  I did not copy the SD card structure exactly.  (I believe the ability to view card structure directly is new to CS6?)  Anyway, the original structure is as follows:  3 folders on the SD: DCIM, MISC, PRIVATE.

The video files reside under PRIVATE, so I copied that folder structure with all its subfolders to the hard drive.  When viewing the .mts files with the media browser, I would negotiate to the following directory:

PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/*.mts

Files are mostly 720p at 29.97fps, 20-200mb's in size

The problem comes when viewing all the *.mts files in the STREAM folder.  I usually don't want to import the entire folder, but want to select specific clips to import, so I need the thumbnails and ability to hover scrub.

BTW, thanks for your prompt attention.  I've been encouraged by Adobe's recent focus on customer support!

• 14. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                    jstrawn Adobe Employee

The file structure you're referencing is a standard AVCHD structure, so there should be no problems there (I had to make sure you weren't trying to point to some crazy place like a zip drive on a remote server OS or something) And yes, in previous versions you did not see the whole directory in the media browser... It only expanded to the largest common folder and then showed you all the media.

I hacked out my own set of 500 mts files [1080i] and tried pointing the media browser to them on bot mac and win cuda-enabled systems (win system summary is pasted below). I saw no serious problems on eithe of my systems. One thing to note is that prpro cs6 tries to be 'smart' about what thumbnails to draw, so that if you skip to the end it will give priority to drawing those thumbs in right away. It can;t always switch to that draw area immediately but I never had more then a 60-second delay as long as I let it sit in one spot for a while until thumbs appeared. Also note (and I wasnlt sure abotu this myself until now) that it doesn;t cahe all the thumbnails, it just generates what you need when you need it. So if you generate thumbs for the ;ast sx clips, then browse up toward the top and generate thumbs there, the ones you generated at the bottom will have to be re-genreated when you browse back down to them.

Could that possibly explain some of the problem(s) you are seeing? I'm not seeing any looping behavior you had mentioned in the GM version.

• 15. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                      zoon_unit Level 1

Thanks for the followup, but unfortunately, that doesn't explain the looping situation at all.  For instance, as the thumbnails are being created, the system starts over and regenerates the ones it already generated after about 10 or so thumbnails.  If I scroll down to the bottom of the list, every time the "loop" happens, it jumps me back up to the top of the list, so I don't even have the ability to stay at the bottom of the file list.  It's highly irritating and virtually impossible to use.  It's like that web video where you try to chase a fly around on the screen with your mouse.  :-) 

Obviously, because the thumbnail generation loops every 10 or so new thumbnails, that explains why it takes so long to generate all the thumbnails.  They're being regenerated hundreds of times!  In other words, it doesn't take the system long to generate each individual thumbnail: that looks about the speed one would expect, but it's this looping behavior thats the problem, not rendering speed.

• 16. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                        zoon_unit Level 1

Here's a new clue:

The looping anomaly only appears to occur the FIRST TIME a particular folder is viewed by Premiere CS6.  For instance, that folder I told you took 3+ hours to process?  I just went back into that folder today and all the thumbnails generated properly, in one pass, just the way they should.  I could scroll to the bottom, but I'd still have to wait for all the previous thumbnails to finish rendering before I could see the bottom ones, but that only took about 3 minutes and it didn't jump me back up to the top.  (270 clips in that folder)

BUT, if I browse to a NEW AVCHD folder, one I've never viewed before with the CS6 media browser, then the looping anomaly begins again, until THAT folder's thumbnails have been fully rendered.  Weird, huh?

That may explain why you can't reproduce the problem, if you are just looking at a folder you've looked at before.  To fully test, I'd suggest copying an AVCHD chip directly to the hard drive, and make sure it contains a large number of clips.  (100+)  Then go into the AVCHD folder the FIRST time and see if you notice the looping anomaly.

One other thought:  could this be an issue because I've viewed these folders with CS5.5 prior to upgrading?  Could the old cache files from CS5.5 be conflicting with the new thumbnail caches from CS6?  (Note: I DID uninstall 5.5 and also removed preferences, FWIW)

• 17. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                          Jim_Simon Level 8

could this be an issue because I've viewed these folders with CS5.5 prior to upgrading?

I'm inclined to say no, because my folder was never viewed in any other version, and it still exhibits the jumping back to the top behavior.

• 18. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                            jstrawn Adobe Employee

I'm looking for that looping problem but not seeing it. There is aknown CS6 behavior where Media Browser scrolling jumps to the top of the icon list when it is loading multiple files & user tries to preview icons farther down the list, but it's just an annoyance as seen by us and it can easily be worked around by waitng until your current media thumbs are drawn in before scrolling down.

If you've removed CS 5.5 and its prefs there shouldn't be any sort of media cache conflict. You can delte your project media previews if you want from whatever directory your projects are saved to, but I woul dnot expect that to solve the problem, IMO.

• 19. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                              Jim_Simon Level 8

There is aknown CS6 behavior where Media Browser scrolling jumps to the top of the icon list when it is loading multiple files & user tries to preview icons farther down the list

Yes, that's the issue.

it's just an annoyance as seen by us

We are annoyed, too.  Please fix it.

• 20. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                jstrawn Adobe Employee

I'm not in a position to just fix things for our users, unfortunately. But I can submit bugs and elevate exisitng bugs based on user feedback, which I will do now. Unless I misread your earlier posts, this was a workflow-blocking issue to you, not just an annoyance, because it was taking hours for your files to become available for import, correct?

The problem as I'm experiencing it can be worked around inside if PrPro in either of these ways:

1) Let the top few rows of thumbs draw in before you scroll down (should take no more than 10-15 seconds at default thumb size), then scroll down to another block of thumbs you want to view, let go and let that draw in... Holding down the scroll bar and scrolling over a bunch of files will basically mean that you'll never get you files. I realize this is limiting because you cant actually SEE what you're scrolling to.

2) Navigate to files in the files structure and import them separately, or as a group, not using the Media Browser. Of cours there will be some overhead of caching-time upon import, but once they're in they'll be cached for goo and you'll have full hover-scrub functionality at that point.

I know that neither of those solutions is ideal (which is why there was a bug against it) but the nature of the media browser, as currently designed, is that it doesn't cache files. It only shows you the thumbs you're currently on. If you want to view a whol ebunch of files as thumbnails at once, it's best to import them and view them in project panel/icon view or use Bridge, which is a much more robust file previewing tool.

• 21. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                  zoon_unit Level 1

Jim Simon wrote:

There is aknown CS6 behavior where Media Browser scrolling jumps to the top of the icon list when it is loading multiple files & user tries to preview icons farther down the list

Yes, that's the issue.

it's just an annoyance as seen by us

Actually, it's more than an annoyance, because this thing keeps looping back to the top, ad infinitum, regenerating thumbnails from the beginning each time.  It can take a ridiculous length of time before every thumbnail gets rendered.  I can't be sitting around waiting 3 hours for thumbnails to render in a folder before I can use it!  And here's the KEY point: ALL the thumbnails in the folder must be rendered that first time, before the folder begins to work properly.  If I leave the folder in frustration before it gets to the bottom of the file list, then I have to start the whole process over again the next time I visit the folder.

You gave me a BIG clue: you said the list jumps back to the top when multiple files are being processed.  Well, we know with AVCHD that there are multiple files for every video stream that contain metadata and other info.  Perhaps it is the linking up of all these files to a stream that causes the issue?  Once CS6 gets all those files linked properly to the stream, then perhaps things begin to work properly?

Long story short, this isn't just an irritation, it is a DEAL BREAKER.  There MUST be a workaround for this problem, or Premiere CS6 is just worthless as a production tool.  (and so far, I LOVE everything else about this release!)

• 22. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                    zoon_unit Level 1

I know that neither of those solutions is ideal (which is why there was a bug against it) but the nature of the media browser, as currently designed, is that it doesn't cache files. It only shows you the thumbs you're currently on. If you want to view a whol ebunch of files as thumbnails at once, it's best to import them and view them in project panel/icon view or use Bridge, which is a much more robust file previewing tool.

Actually, this isn't accurate either.  Once my 270 file folder has rendered all the thumbnails, I can scroll up and down and see all of them fine without re-rendering.  (as long as I stay in that folder)  It's getting to that point that's the problem.

The REAL issue is this looping and restarting behavior, which I'm not sure you fully appreciate.  It's hard to describe without seeing.  Perhaps I should try and make a youtube video, that might make the deal breaking nature of this problem more clear.

• 23. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                      jstrawn Adobe Employee

I can understand your frustration, and I have elevated the priority of the open issue.

The problem occurs when trying to preview many files (like, 100's) at once in the media browser. So the workaround is to view them in the media browser in smaller chunks, by sub-direcorizing them beforehand OR just importing them all and using the project panel/icon view for preview. Also, as I mentioned, we have the product 'Bridge' (which you should already have if you installed any of the suites or the prpro family prodcut) which is made for this sort of high-volume file previewing before opening them in any of our apps.

Is there some reason why non of those workarouns is sutiable. Is there anything else I could realisitcally do at this time to rectify your problem?

• 24. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                        jstrawn Adobe Employee

...Once my 270 file folder has rendered all the thumbnails, I can scroll up and down and see all of them fine without re-rendering.  (as long as I stay in that folder)  It's getting to that point that's the problem.

Indeed, my description was inaccurate, but the caching in media browser is not the same as preview file caching in the product panel or the timeline. Basically, as you can see, it's less persistent.

The REAL issue is this looping and restarting behavior, which I'm not sure you fully appreciate. 

Yes, I fully appreciate the problem. I encountered this bug many times and I worked closely with other dev and qa on it during the dev cycle. But you can post a movie of it if you think the problem I see is not the same as what you're seeing.

• 25. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                          zoon_unit Level 1

jstrawn wrote:

I can understand your frustration, and I have elevated the priority of the open issue.

The problem occurs when trying to preview many files (like, 100's) at once in the media browser. So the workaround is to view them in the media browser in smaller chunks, by sub-direcorizing them beforehand OR just importing them all and using the project panel/icon view for preview. Also, as I mentioned, we have the product 'Bridge' (which you should already have if you installed any of the suites or the prpro family prodcut) which is made for this sort of high-volume file previewing before opening them in any of our apps.

Is there some reason why non of those workarouns is sutiable. Is there anything else I could realisitcally do at this time to rectify your problem?

Well, I appreciate the workaround suggestions, and they do work, of course, but the productivity drop is extremely significant and not on par with the stated improvements in CS6 that prompted me to pay Adobe big bucks. (to me anyway)  :-)

For instance:  Viewing in Bridge does work properly, as I have tried that.  Of course I can't scrub (the big draw in CS6)  And I'd have to sit down and make a list of all the files and their names so I could go back into Premiere and import just the ones I need.  Not very productive.

As for splitting the files up into smaller folders: the problem is AVCHD.  Have you tried to move all the pertinent files for each stream from all the different folders to another folder and keep everything straight?  Yuck!

I suppose importing all the files into the Project is an option.  (and one I haven't tried)  But that would burden the project with a ton of unneeded cruft.  This suggestion is probably the most viable because I could set up a workflow to import all, then scrub through the files and remove the unneeded ones from the project.  (sort of a backwards approach)  Since I haven't tried that yet, I'm not even sure if that would workaround the thumbnail loop issue.  And that would make the initial project HUGE.

Here again, I think the anomaly I'm seeing is different from the one you're seeing.  Once that folder gets fully processed that first time, Premiere works just as envisioned from that point forward, ON THAT PARTICULAR FOLDER.  There is something else going on here.  Give me a day or so and I will try to throw a video up on youtube so you can see the precise issue.  I think you'll be surprised. First, I'll show how it works properly on a pre-processed folder.  Then, I'll show the anomaly.

• 26. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                            jstrawn Adobe Employee

Yes, it does seem to be a different result that you're experiencing.

I would suggest trying the import > icon view option. If you import them into their own sub-directory, then they should not cost you any extra overhead (except for the inital import time and that one directory of course). Imported files in prpro are essentially pointers to the source and will add few additional bytes to your actual project file size. Then you'll be free to expand the directory or open it in its own panel whenever you want to preview those files (inluding scrubbing and hover-scrubbing) or add them to a sequence. I always work this way because I like having all my media (whether I definitely plan to use it or not) in my project with me... which is why the bug I'm seeing is little more than annoyance to me.

I tried it in bridge too and the previewing worked fine for me there... but of course if you send them to PrPro from there it will take several steps and some time.

• 27. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                              Jim_Simon Level 8

Perhaps it is the linking up of all these files to a stream that causes the issue?

No, I get it in a folder with numerous, self-contained videos.  (No 'linking' required.)

• 28. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                Jim_Simon Level 8

Is there anything else I could realisitcally do at this time to rectify your problem?

Just make sure the bug does get fixed in CS6, so users don't have to wait for CS7 to have it work right.

• 29. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                  zoon_unit Level 1

Well, I'm sorry to say that importing all the AVCHD files is no workaround.  Now, granted, there are a lot of clips.  (short though) Perhaps 600 in all.  Once I import them, I get a message on the bottom right status bar of the project screen that says "conforming ...######.mts"  This display scrolls through all the file numbers, taking 5-20 seconds per file.

The thumbnails are rendering in an excruciatingly slow manner in the project, even slower than before.  But, there's no looping!  (small victories)  It looks like it's going to take hours for all the project thumbnails to render.  This seems awfully slow, considering my computer specs.  Any ideas???

----------------------------------

UPDATE: The total importing, thumbnail rendering, and "conforming" time for this 600 clip project ran about 40 minutes.  Not horrible, I suppose, but certainly not what one would call a productive rate.  At least there was no more "looping" going on.

The great irony of this, is that once the clips are in the project, Premiere runs like a scalded dog.  I love it.  It would truly be a shame if importing and thumbnail rendering ends up being Premiere's "bottleneck."

• 30. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                    jstrawn Adobe Employee

@ Jim -- Roger that. I have already increased the severity/priority of the open problem report. I also posted this thread into that report's own comment thread, including a quote along the lines of "DEAL-BREAKER".

@ zoon -- Now that you've gone through the import & conforming process it should be smooth sailing from here, and if you look at your actual project size (.prproj) on your OS, you should see that it's still not very big. I'm not trying to make excuses for the Media Browser -- because there IS a bug that needs to be addressed -- but when we're talking about 600+ HD-size files (720p or not) there's going to be some bottle-necking until you get everything into the app and cahed. Once that's done, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it's handled for editing and playback.

• 31. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                      zoon_unit Level 1

I'm not trying to make excuses for the Media Browser -- because there IS a bug that needs to be addressed -- but when we're talking about 600+ HD-size files (720p or not) there's going to be some bottle-necking until you get everything into the app and cahed. Once that's done, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it's handled for editing and playback.

I tend to agree.  (btw, my prproj file is 7mb; not bad)  Whatever the "bug" is, it's very transient.  In fact, when I went to film my "demo video" I couldn't get the looping issue to occur, since I had already browsed most of my folders enough times that all the thumbnails had previously rendered.  (which in my case, seems to "fix" the looping issue)

My big fear with the bug will be on future jobs, where I might have to make a rough edit of a day's project for viewing the next day.  The long thumbnail rendering times could be very disruptive when I need to get work out in a timely manner.  No doubt the "looping bug" should get a high priority, because the media browser is still the best workflow solution when thumbnails render properly.  Thanks again for taking prompt action in reporting this bug to your team.  Hopefully Abobe's "exterminators" can squash this bug quickly.  We need some way to AT LEAST generate thumbnails quickly so we can ID clips and filter.

I also wonder if this issue is centered mainly on AVCHD, since the codec is very processor intensive.

@Jim: What was the codec of your files that triggered the looping issue?

• 32. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                        jstrawn Adobe Employee

Here's another possible solution I totally forgot about until now: Prelude

If you have the Production Suite (as opposed to PrPro standalone) installed, you already have it.

If so, try this:

1) Launch prelude, create anew project

2) 2x click in the project panel (or press ctrl+I) to open the Ingest window

3) Point the Ingest Media Browser to the AVCHD file structure in question

(basically do just what you did in prPro but in prelude instead)

Does that yield a better result for you? I tried it on my mac side (no suite installed on win right now) and it worked well with he 600 mts files I had created yesterday to verfiy this bug. If that fixes your media browser woes, then there is an easy workflow to get from there into PrPro, which I can explain in a bit as needed.

1 person found this helpful
                                                                        • 33. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                          zoon_unit Level 1

LOL!  We must be linked empathically.  The Prelude option dawned on me about 40 minutes ago and I am currently experimenting with it as we speak.  :-)

I've already noticed a couple of very interesting things:

1) Thumbnails render randomly instead of sequentially.  So far, I haven't experienced any "looping" but then again this is the same folder that now "works" in Premiere after the thumbnails rendered the first time.  I guess I need to reload a "virgin" folder to the hard drive in order to see if the looping re-occurs, but so far, fingers crossed.

2) This may be BY FAR the best ingest workflow.  Kudos to Adobe for this new tool!

I'll report more later, but this MIGHT be the perfect workaround/final solution.

I'm going to try making a backup to see how Prelude copies AVCHD files.  Since they are notoriously hard to work with (due to all the subfolders and metadata files) I'm considering a change in workflow to transcode all my Panasonic GH2 files to a "better" codec.

If I chose to do that, what, in your opinion would be the "best" codec to use?  And what, if any disadvantages would it pose to transcode out of the native codec?

I know everyone's got a different opinion on this, but I'd be curious to hear your feedback on a codec that Premiere and After Effects "likes" the best, that would balance the following features:

1) low resource usage

2) single file clips

3) compression size vs. quality

Thanks!

• 34. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                            jstrawn Adobe Employee

1) Thumbnails render randomly instead of sequentially....

Yes, I noticed that too, although, rather than being random, it looked like it was trying to keep up with whatever rows of icons you were scrolled to, but then got lost for a while if you kept scrolling. At any rate, the looping problem is not occurring. Hopefully this shoudl work for you, since your workflow is basically what the Prelude project was designed for. Also, you'll ahve a bunch of tagging and roughcut-editing options that you can utilize which may help a ot when you go to full editng and mastering in PrPro.

BTW: You have to check the files (not just select them) before you can ingest them -- took me a few mintues to get that... Once they're ingested, you can just right click them in the Project Panel and send them to PrPro.

• 35. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                              zoon_unit Level 1

@jstrawn: Any opinions on transcoding?

• 36. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                                genefama Level 1

Just to chime in, the thumbnsils in the new project panel take a long time to materialize on my Mac Pro--like 10 to 15 minutes. They also take a long time to clear the "Pending" state in list view, minutes on end. This makes loading a project to a workable point an unwieldy time investment. 

Plus, batches of clips tend to self-unlink during the normal course of work, leaving me with red "offline" icons across my timeline, which never happened in 5.5 in the entire past year of using it and make the long loading time even harder. What is up?!

• 37. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                                  dmwerk

I have pretty much the same problem. I have dual QuadCore Xeon E5640 CPU's running 24 gbs of RAM working off of a 3 gbs SATA array with a Nividia Quadro 2000 video card running Windows 7 Ultimate 64. I try browsing a folder with about 300 720p video files in it and, everytime I scroll down, it jumps to the top. For a minor annoyance it's been going on for about 3 hours now and getting a great deal more annoying than minor!

• 38. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                                    Tomislav Zidanic Level 1

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. mts files. It's looping over and over again.

• 39. Re: Slow rendering in Media Browser
                                                                                      ZeroG-Robert

This is NOT limited to video files.  Seeing same exact looping behavior in thumbnail generation when viewing directories of images, saw it on one with only 8 images (4 jpgs and 4 psd).  Granted, PSD files are large ~50MB ea.  Also observed with folder of only ~25 PNGs all ~ a few MB each.  Every time I change folders, thumbs recalc, eating up tons of time. Why?

No excuses with hardware:

Win7 64bit, 32GB ram, 3930k (no OC)

EVGA GTX 580

OS HDD: 2x raid 0 SSD 1&2

Adobe Cache HDD: SSD 3

Project Media HDD: SSD 4

1 2 Previous Next