1 person found this helpful
I've gotten earlier versions of Pr into this state, but I can't reproduce it. Try creating a new project, then importing the existing project into the new one. Open up the problem sequence and see if the Motion effect shows up.
Just tried this, and no dice. However, I did open an entirely separate project with a multicam sequence and the "motion" effect is there. Any other ideas on how to get the effect back on the project I'm working on?
You need to realize that your project is corrupt at this point. The following steps are what I would do to try and rescue it:
- In the corrupt project, create a new sequence that matches the old one. Add a random clip to the new sequence and see if the Motion effect is there on the random clip.
- If so, then copy/paste the contents of the old sequence into the new one and hope for the best.
- EDIT: See if an auto-save version still has the Motion effect for that sequence.
- If that still doesn't work, then close and launch Pr, only hold down the Shift+Alt keys during launch until you see the welcome screen. That'll reset your preferences and your plug-in cache. Load the old project and see if the Motion effect is back.
- If that still doesn't work, then re-create the sequence and/or project.
Tried all of those, and still no luck. But what I've now discovered is that further into the sequence the multicam clips all have Motion. I was able to delete the clips in question and drag/trim the good clips into the empty space, then re-cut to the camera I was originally wanting. Problem solved. Thanks.