2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 5:19 AM by SmilingGoat

Webb app search form - how to add more fields

SmilingGoat

How on earth do one add more fields to a web app search form (before inserting) - custom or built-in?

The web app in question has proximity search enabled, so it allows capturing of city, state and zipcode

The only field from the address portion appearing on the search form, is the zip code.

How do I add the state and city to the form?

I have updated all the layouts for this web app to include all address fields, but it still does not update the form (before inserting it onto a page)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Webb app search form - how to add more fields
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What form? Is it manually added on the page?

Did you use the module manager and add the add form? This won't update unless you reinsert it.

Or are you referring to the actual edit form which uses the edit layout? So when logged in and you click edit that is loaded?

• 2. Re: Webb app search form - how to add more fields
            SmilingGoat Level 1

Any web app search form (as per: Add Modules to Web Page -> Web Apps -> Web Apps Search Form ....)

I need the City & State and some custom fields included, but fail to get it to show up automatically (it is not showing in the form preview)

I tried editing the search form (after inserting) and manually adding "City" and "State", but it does not work (when searching), so I hope to get BC to include those fields (before inserting it into a page)