14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 3:22 AM by thanmartin

Are these bugs in CS6

Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

When I tried to mark my clips for syncronising with Premiere CS6, I noticed that there was no option to add a clip marker.

Eventually syncronised the clip and cut between the camera. To my surprise, when I tried to time remapp the multicam sequence, the remapped clip went totally black! Whats going on here.

When I try to scale the footage by clicking in the program monitor, the corner handles are nowhere to be found, I had to scale it in the effects panel! The Encore chapter markers icon is just like the ordinary marker, its no longer round to resemble the DVD or BD, as it appears on the left end of the sequence?

My installation was a download and I installed the functional content, even though I don't see Encore library menus!

• 1. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
          ExactImage Level 3

We're using clip markers - not sure why you can't.

Please be more specific about 'remapp the multicam sequence' because it's not clear what you mean.

• 2. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
            Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

I don't see the option of adding a clip marker and mark selection, add marker, therefore I can't a marker inside the clip. Can you embed a marker inside a clip?

With time remapping, if I choose time remapping and bring down the speed of the clip, for a slow motion effect, the clip goes black!

• 3. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I noticed that there was no option to add a clip marker.

You have to set the shortcut manually, it's not there by default.  Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts>Panel>Timeline

When I try to scale the footage by clicking in the program monitor, the corner handles are nowhere to be found

You first need to select the clip, and then click on the Motion effect for the handles to show.

The Encore chapter markers icon is just like the ordinary marker

Same shape, but chapter markers are red, the others are green.

• 4. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Jim Simon wrote:

When I try to scale the footage by clicking in the program monitor, the corner handles are nowhere to be found

You first need to select the clip, and then click on the Motion effect for the handles to show.

If its the top clip you want just double click in Program Monitor.

Slightly different from CS5.5.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Oh, yeah.  Cool.

• 6. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                    Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

If I go to Marker, the option isn't available there. Shouldn't it apopear in the menu by default

Jim Simon wrote:

I noticed that there was no option to add a clip marker.

You have to set the shortcut manually, it's not there by default.  Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts>Panel>Timeline

• 7. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                      ExactImage Level 3

I agree for some reason it's missing from the menu.

However,  go to the keyboard shortcuts, type in Marker at the top then the bottom option (under Timeline Panel) is Add Clip Marker.  Set yourself a keyboard shortcut to add a clip marker.

• 8. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

Shouldn't it apopear in the menu by default

Yes it should.  But Adobe removed most of the clip marker functionality in CS6.  It's now all about sequence markers.

• 9. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                          Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

Not exactly true.  A lot of the marker commands have been consolidated - so if you load a clip into the source window, assign a key to the add clip marker command, the next/previous marker commands work on clip markers when the source window has focus.  Also, note that you can bring up the Markers view (Window menu - Markers), and it's context sensitive, so again, if you focus on the source window & you have a bunch of clip markers, they'll show up in the marker view.  Much handier for seeing them all - also, a cool feature:  clicking on a given marker in the Markers panel will automatically move your CTI to that position in the clip. 

Other cool stuff:  you'll notice that a clip (or sequence) marker shows an In/Out point in the Marker view.  So you can scrub the each TC marker for the In/Out point, turning the marker from a single frame in time to covering a range of time.  Also, you might want to check out Todd's tutorial on markers in Prelude & how they translate over to PPro.  That whole workflow revolves around temporal metadata & clip markers.

Cheers

• 10. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                            Jim_Simon Level 8

OK. let me rephrase.

Adobe has removed much of the functionality with clip makers that used to be available to us directly in the timeline, where they actually get used, specifically clearing and navigating.  Now all we can do from the timeline is set one, and even that's no longer obvious.  It's only via keyboard shortcut not set by default and not in an obvious location.

• 11. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                              Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

I can't use my secondary monitor for full screen preview at the moment. In sequence setting dialogue box, the playback setting is greyed out. Since installing CS6 this option has not been available to me! Can someone please help.

• 12. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These settings are for 3rd party hardware

Go to Preferences-Playback.

There you can set your secondary monitor.

IMO it should be the other way around: 3rd party settings in the Pref.

• 13. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                                  Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

Thanks Ann!

• 14. Re: Are these bugs in CS6
                                    thanmartin

Wil

not so in a nested sequence. In a nested sequence your markers are useless! And I do work in timeline to arrange my clips. I do not mark my clips in sourcemonitor, for it is too cumbersome.

Martin