2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 10:04 AM by MM_Ryan

When looping after a pause() in MediaPlayer, video sometimes plays very fast

MM_Ryan

I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just not setting up the MediaPlayer properly. Sometimes, when a video is looped after it has been previously paused, it rewinds to the beginning and then plays very fast and loops through several times. At least, that's what it looks like what happens. It happens so fast that it's difficult to discern what is really going on. I haven't -seen- this happen if we don't pause the video. When calling play() after the pause, it resumes just fine. It's only after it loops back that the problem occurs.

This doesn't seem to happen on my development machine, but it happens in several of our production and testing machines. The worst part about it is it seems completely random, and some machines have it occur more often than others. Setting the buffertime property to 0 appears to make it happen far less often, but it still happens.

Here is a small snippet of our setup code:

_mediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer();

_mediaPlayer.autoPlay                                                   = false;

_mediaPlayer.currentTimeUpdateInterval           = 33;

_mediaPlayer.media                                                             = new LightweightVideoElement(new URLResource(fileURL));

//_mediaPlayer.bufferTime = 0;

The videos I'm trying to play are local to the machine and not streaming from any media server. We are also using AIR 3.1/3.2. I've tried using VideoElement instead of LIghtweightVideoElement. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Anyone have any ideas or should I file a bug report? We've had to make our own non-OSMF solution in the meantime to avoid this problem.

Edit: I should also note that this is for use in a desktop environment.