3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 5:58 PM by Flex harUI

Tabbing is not working properly / Flex Mobile 4.6

rewake111

Hello,

I've been working on a mobile app in Flex 4.6 and I've noticed that tabbing between fields is not working properly - maybe someone else has had the same experience and has a fix?

I have 4 TextInput fields, which now all have tabEnabled set to "true" and tabIndex set accordingly, however, I am unable to tab netween the fields.

More specifically, when I run the app with a destop run configuration, any time I hit the "TAB" button on the keyboard the first field is focused on. So, if the cursor is in field 3 & I hit TAB, the focus is now in field 1.

On the mobile device (Samsung Galaxy S), there is no tabbing at all, no matter which field I am in. The soft keyboard does detect the last field though, and the "Next" button on the keyboard will change to "Done".

I've tried putting the TextInput fields withing a SkinnableContainer (as mentioned here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2418694#2418694), but no change.

I also found a bug report on something similar, though it was closed becuase it was opened in the AIR bug base instead of the flex bug base. (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3064944)

Here's the code for my "registration" view without any functions or function calls.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                          xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
                          title="Create Account">

<fx:Declarations>
                          <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
                </fx:Declarations>
                <s:Group left="10" right="10" top="10" bottom="10">
                          <s:layout>
                                    <s:VerticalLayout/>
                          </s:layout>

<s:TextInput id="email" prompt="Email" tabEnabled="true" tabIndex="1"/>
                          <s:TextInput id="un" prompt="Username" tabEnabled="true" tabIndex="2"/>
                          <s:TextInput id="pw" displayAsPassword="true" prompt="Password" tabEnabled="true" tabIndex="3"/>
                          <s:TextInput id="pwc" displayAsPassword="true" prompt="Confirm Password" tabEnabled="true" tabIndex="4"/>
                          <s:Button id="button" width="100%" label="Sign Up"/>

<s:Group width="100%">
                                    <s:layout>
                                              <s:VerticalLayout horizontalAlign="center"/>
                                    </s:layout>
                                    <s:BusyIndicator id="bi_reg" visible="false"/>
                                    <s:Label id="msg_reg" width="100%" text="Label" textAlign="center" visible="false"/>
                          </s:Group>
                </s:Group>
      </s:View>