2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 5:25 AM by colojomo

hide navigation pane automatically....

colojomo

hello

i am wondering if there is a setting to either auto hide the navigation pane of rat least the bookmarks

alot of the documents i have to open contain a "bookmark", well these are single page documents so a bookmark is not necessary in theory, and the "bookmark" is nothing more than a reference to the pdf name & it being "created with MetaPrint", this annoyance is constant as the bookmark column opens up on opening the pdf and takes up 25% of the screen

i know about changing the initial view under the document properties, this is not an option as i am not changing 100s of pdf properties for this annoyance, i can hit F4 to minimize the nav pane but this to is annoying, there should/has to be an option to either ignore the PDF initial view setting or something to minimize the nav pane automatically

i appreciate all help

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: hide navigation pane automatically....
          CtDave Level 5

Using a Batch Sequence (Acrobat Pro 8/9) or an Action (Acrobat Pro X) lets you set the Initial View for all your PDFs (well all in any given folder when in Windows).

Be well...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: hide navigation pane automatically....
            colojomo Level 1

i see how this could help sometimes, as a batch

but

basically i daily have to download and look/print engineering docs, 99/100 of them have this bookmark issue that is just a rather annoyance

i would like acrobat to when opening any PDF to be full page, no bookmark column, seems a like this cannot happen as whoever created the file added an initial view setting to the files to show the bookmarks, but like i said before there really is no bookmark of importance

any help is appreciated

thanks again