1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2012 2:51 PM by ssprengel

DNG version for PS cs4

e-j-h

Running PS cs4 on Windows 7.  I have a new Nikon and the NEF files aren't supported.  I think I need to install dng converter to access/use these files.  I don't want to lose my ability to go straight to ARC without converting to dng for NEFs from my old compatable camera.  What verion of dng do I need.  Can it be installed separate from the the related Camera Raw upgrade?

• 1. Re: DNG version for PS cs4
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The DNG Converter is a standalone program and converts an entire folder of raw files to DNGs, so as long as you have your old and new camera photos in separate folders it should be ok.  If not, you might want to separate them temporarily before doing the conversion.

You will want the latest version of the DNG Converter that supports your new camera, so either DNG Converter 6.7 if that is new enough, or the DNGC 7.1 RC at labs.adobe.com.  The DNGs it produces will be compatible with the older ACR version.   Check what the DNG Converter’s compatibility setting is, using “CR 5.4 or later” for CS4’s ACR as long as you have at least that version of ACR installed for CS4.