Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video lag with adobe player 11.2 for Mac

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the latest release of flash player for Mac.  Videos tend to freeze/lag on certain sites (i.e. Cnettv.com and nba.com).  I have tried disabling/enabling hardware accleration, but it does not fix the problem.  I am able to emulate the problems on two macs.  Both of the macs are running 10.7.4.  1@iMac uses an ATI 4670 HD graphics card and 1@mac mini that uses a Nvidia GT320M.  I have also tried playing the exact videos from cnet and nba.com on a Macbook Air that is using the intel 3000 HD graphics card.  There is no lag on the Macbook Air.  I'm guessing is that flash player 11.2 is not working properly with the ATI or Nvidia graphics card?  I have tried different browers as well (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), but the problem still occurs.  Any suggestions on how the problem can be fixed?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to try this out on my Macbook Pro with an Nvidia GPU.  Can you give me a URL where this occurs?  Also, would you mind testing this out against our 11.3 beta 3 player?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Here some videos that I have problem viewing.  They are mostly from Cnet and Nba.com.  I have also tried 11.3 beta 3, but the problem still occurs.  Please also note that I've encounter this problem with flash player 10.3.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/50-reasons-buy-toyota-prius/9742-1_53-50124538.html

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/05/16/20120516_inside_4.nba

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2012/05/19/0041100233_okc_lal_recap_V3.nba

Thank you,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

I gave these videos a try with my Macbook Pro (15" mid 2010, Nvidia Geforce GT 330M) with Safari 5.1.7 and Flash Player 11.2.202.235 but was unable to reproduce any lag/choppy playback.  Could you open a bug at bugbase.adobe.com so we can schedule some time to test against your exact hardware?  Here's a page that details what information we'll need:

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for assistance.  I've already sent a bug report of the problem.  Unforutnaley, I got an e-mail response saying that they cannot duplicate the problem that I am having.  I assume they tested the same hardware I was using because I gave them full details of the specific Mac machines that I am using.  I took a video of the problem I am having and e-mailed to one of your technical support agent.  I have not heard from him yet.  At this point I do not know what else I can try.  I've noticed that this problem occurs on Mac's that are using the intel core 2 duo processor.  I was able to replicate this problem on a 2009 Macbook pro.  Here is the video that shows the problem I am having:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZQ8O_xVuvY

Thank you,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Simon.  Having the video clearly shows what you are experiencing.  I'll follow up with the QE team that tried to reproduce the issue and let them know about your youtube video.

If anyone else is seeing similar behavior to Simon's youtube video, please take a minute and cast a vote and comment in the following bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3195177

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines