10 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 9:15 AM by the_wine_snob

Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working

vidishap

I downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements and bought a product license via my workplace.

I was able to install successfully, but when I launch the program, it says Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working. I have not been able to launch the program. I was having the same issues when I was using the trial version. Please help,

I need to work on editing videos rightaway and it is ridiculous that a program that I have paid money to buy is not even launching to begin with. I can't even imagine the trouble I am going to have trying to use this version.

Please don't send me thousands of instructions on downloading and installation. I have been able to download and install and added my serial key number. I see the icon on the desktop, It just doesn't launch. See error image.

adobeerrorCapture.PNG

Thanks

VidishaP

• 2. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I would start with this ARTICLE, which begins with a checklist for getting everything set up for PrE, then goes into a series of links for tuning up one's computer and OS, and then has links for troubleshooting issues.

If nothing helps, there is a link to an article on posting all of the info, that people will need to remotely troubleshoot issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
            vidishap Level 1

No, none of these things are helping. Sending me a bunch of fix it articles

that I can already get online was not the solution I was looking for. I had

the same issue when I was trying to use the trial version.

So maybe the software has an issue. I am using a windows vista operating

system. So when I was posting to the forum, I saw the announcement about

the mac os issue. So i tied to do one of the things mentioned there. That

was try and open the program while clicking ContrlShiftfunction key.

The program opens properly then and I am able to work. But that is a really

silly way to launch a program. maybe one of your developers need to check

why there is an issue when I have followed all instructions.

Thanks,

VidishaP

• 4. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I am sorry that all those articles do not help you.

Would it have been better if Ihad re-typed everything for you?

It looks like you need to go to the link to The Case of the Unexplained, as nothing else is useful.

For remote troubleshooting, furnishing the info, as detailed in this ARTICLE will be the place to start.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                vidishap Level 1

No, you didn't need to retype everything for me. I am looking for a

solution so that I can launch the product that I bought. I am not looking

for sarcasm. Troubleshooting shouldn't be so difficult.

Now I will have to search for return/exchange options since it is not

launching by double clicking like every program does.

I am a customer, looking for a solution. I have no desire to waste your

time, and in the same vein I have no desire to waste my time trying to

troubleshoot things that shouldn't even be a problem with a new product to

begin with.

So please try to help. I did follow your instructions in the article and

installed all the windows updates etc that were mentioned. The launch still

gives me problems.

Also, I tried the GSpot codec convertor and even though it says that all

necessary codecs are installed for a particular avi file, Premiere still

will not open it to allow me to edit it. (In this case I opened Premiere 10

using by clicking CntrlShiffunction.)

Thanks

VidishaP

• 6. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user to user forum, with the space provided by Adobe for users to help each other... this is not Adobe support

As far as I know, Adobe provides free telephone support for install issues... which may be your problem

In the US - Adobe General support 800-833-6687 M-F 5am-7pm Pacific

In the US - Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623

In the US - Adobe Activation 866-772-3623 Open 24/7

• 7. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I will wager that the "solution" to your problem is in those articles somewhere.

As we know absolutely zero about your system, any direct comment on a "fix," will be but a guess. We can do that for days, and get no closer.

If you want the "quick fix," you need to make it as easy on us, as you possibly can.

When the program crashes/hangs, what does Event Viewer (if you are on Windows) say was happening? That would be a very good place to start, as soon as we know about your computer, and your OS.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                      vidishap Level 1

Sorry, my mistake. This was the only place I found on the Support page for

Adobe.

Thanks for trying to help.

VidishaP

• 9. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                        vidishap Level 1

Thanks for trying to help Bill. Since this was the only place listed on the

support area to ask a question, I assumed this was somehow Adobe Customer

Support. I didn't realize it is a user to user help.

I did go through your article and installed all that I was supposed to

install. Still is not working.

Again, thank you for trying to help. I will try customer support.

VidishaP

• 10. Re: Unable to launch Adobe Premiere Elements 10 - Says AdPrE10 has stopped working
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

I am not looking for sarcasm.

Let's address that for a moment.

I replied to your OP about 8 mins. after it was moved here. Much of that time was gathering the links to those articles, most of which I wrote, and have bookmarked. Each contains several links (one, probably 15 links).

In ~ 30 mins. you report that there was nothing helpful in any of those articles or the ones linked to, from them. Though I wrote the articles (most anyway), it would have taken me that long to read each article, and just open the links, with almost zero time to do any of the things suggested. Just tracking down error and warning messages in Event Viewer, and following the links in any of those, would have taken at least that long.

You state that you had the same issues with the trial version.

I had the same issue when I was trying to use the trial version.

In the world of troubleshooting, this is a pretty fair indicator that there is something wrong with your computer, or your OS. If nothing else, it indicates that a problem existed before your recent installation of PrE.

Now I will have to search for return/exchange options since it is not launching by double clicking like every program does.

Actually, Adobe makes this part very easy. Just return their software, within 30-days of purchase, and you get your money back.

Sorry that I could not help you,

Hunt