2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 2:53 PM by Bill Gehrke

LGA 2011/X79 versus LGA 1155/Z77

Greetings –

I am starting to look at getting a new computer to run CS6 (Production Premium). I tend to use Premiere Pro most than the other apps included.

The current plan is to get a Nvidia GTX 670 (PCIe 3.0) video adapter and use the “hack” until Adobe officially supports it.

I am having a difficult time trying to determine which type of CPU to purchase a LGA 2011 (i7 3820) or a LGA 1155 (i7 3770K).

I can see by the specs that the  LGA 2011 processors uses quad memory channels versus dual memory channels for the LGA 1155 used dual memory channels.

Also I noticed that the X70 chipset (for the LGA 2011) has 40 PCIe lanes verus 16 PCIe lanes for the Z77 chipset (LGA 3770K).

My questions are:

For the purpose of running CS6 (mainly Premiere Pro) which one of these CPU types will provide better performance?

I would also like to know (based on recommended CPU/Chipset type) if you have a recommendation for a motherboard to house it?

I understand that there are a lot of other factors that will determine performance; I’m just trying to get past the CPU part of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.