• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback stuck at splash page

Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a Flash Player, rather than Presenter, issue - but I need to start somewhere.

I'm getting reports from users that a course we created in Presenter launches, but gets stuck at the "Adobe Presenter" with the circling arrow splash page. Local IT has indicated that this happens on all of their locked down computers. If IT logs in as Admin and does nothing but launch that course, it launches completely successfully and moves to the content - and all subsequent users have the same successful experience under any account.

That's implying that something is updating automatically upon launch under the Admin login that isn't getting updated under the standard login.

What things can I be looking at (or directing IT to look at)? Is there a setting in Presenter I'm using that could be causing this? Is there something about the login restrictions that I should be directing them to examine? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

You mean to say the course launces successfully under admin mode and not in other user mode?

Can you please try the global security settings of the flash player?

I think under user mode the published output cannot access files on the system

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Gah... I responded to this just after you posted, but didn't verify that it posted... which apparently it didn't. Sorry for the delay.)

Yes. I should clarify that it's being delivered via LMS, not run locally. It's a SCORM-based course.

When the non-admin user clicks launch, the grey "Adobe Presenter" splash screen (pre-loader, really, I guess) is as far as they get. If an admin user logs in to the same computer and launches the course, it plays fine for the admin and any subsequent user, admin or not.

I'm not sure what to look for in the global security settings. Can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem at our sites. Does anyone have any hints. I've been researching this on and off for months now and have come up with nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can they launch the presentation off of another server? Is port 1935 blocked on the network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? This is really frustrating an entire site's worth of people - especially the IT staff responsible for that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources