10 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2012 9:45 AM by linjimfur2

download faliure

boopy123 Level 1

Failure of Adobe Flash Player to download

• 1. Re: download faliure
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

• 2. Re: download faliure
            pwillener Level 8

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

Do you get any messages regarding that "failure"?

• 3. Re: download faliure
              linjimfur2 Level 1

No I get no reply saying anything failed - I just get no response - have tried maybe 20 - 30 times - I have Mac OS X  Version 10.6.8, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 15 - purchased in November 2010- a MacBook Pro,  my web browser is Google - I used to be able to access videos and pictures from e..mails and news items but cannot not in last  couple of weeks...I am getting desperate!

• 4. Re: download faliure
                pwillener Level 8

Try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

• 5. Re: download faliure
                  pwillener Level 8

linjimfur2 wrote:

my web browser is Google

Just noticed this in your reply; Google Chrome has Flash Player pre-installed - there is no need to install it.

• 6. Re: download faliure
                    linjimfur2 Level 1

Thanks Pat Willener, but how do I know if I have Google "Chrome" - I was not aware I had such a thing.

Anyway in past couple of weeks when I go to pull up a video or picture in an e.mail or on a news item (on the right side of Google) it will pop up a notice that I need Adobe Flash Player to be downloaded to access this picture or video.  I never had any such problems until about a week or two ago.  Then I click on the box to install or to download and it shows that it's doing it in my  Computer file list but nothing happens but to list my try - probably 20 times - and it has no "open" place to click and the box remains totally empty (box is about 2 inches x 1 inch tall) and never shows that the download was completed.  Also I am not sure I can do # 4 of Macintosh instructions you sent about deleting all those \Library folders.  Is there anyway I could get someone to talk me through it?

• 7. Re: download faliure
                      pwillener Level 8

You are confusing me now; Chrome is the only web browser that Google offers - do you have another Google browser?  Can you post a screenshot of it?

Sorry, I cannot help you with the details of the clean install; I do not know enough about Mac OS.  Perhaps somebody else will step in here.

• 8. Re: download faliure
                        linjimfur2 Level 1

No other version of the G. Chrome - I have just read a lot about it and think I should install it - sure hope it doesn't have bad problems eventually.  Everything I have read this evening makes it look like it would be a good thing.  Did I understand you correctly that if I install G. Chrome I would solve my Flash Player Problems ?   I just tried to get the photos of Mary Kennedy-(in the news from Google) and a black and red box came up saying: "We're Sorry.  You need to update your flash player.  Important:  After installing the required upgrade please reload this browser window to view the video player."

• 9. Re: download faliure
                          pwillener Level 8

If only I knew what your web browser is ... Safari, Firefox, Opera...?

Anyway, you should be able to install Google Chrome without affecting anything else on your computer.

• 10. Re: download faliure
                            linjimfur2 Level 1

Safari is my Web Browser - at least that is what I put on in order to get to the Web - you see, my digital vocabulary is not the best...Linda