5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 9:24 AM by luqui_0028

flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component

transistor06 Level 1

Howdy,

So, I think the topic says it all.  I have had this website for several years, and have never seen this problem before.  It seems to have cropped up in the past few months.

Not sure if it's caused by an update to the flash player or what.

Also, I don't know if connection speed can set this off either.  It seems to happen more often when I am at a slower connection, or if others in the office are streaming a lot of video from others sites, etc.

Would that matter?  Shouldn't the flvplayback compnent buffer accordingly?

When the component fails to auto play, I can clearly see that the video IS loading.  It will load the entire video into memory, but will not play - even if I hit the play button.  The only way to get it to play is to refresh the page with the browser.  After I refresh the page, and the video has been patially or fully loaded, it will play fine.  But, if I clear my browser cache and start fresh, I get the same problem.

And again, this only happens SOMETIMES.  Other times with a cleared cache and a fast connection, the video will autoplay with no problem what so ever.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

• 1. Re: flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component
          Daniel Beyzade

Yes I have observed this behaviour as well and found no solution.

In my case I have a percent loading counter and observer the counter going all the way to 100% and it still does not play. Happens approx 1/10 - 1/20 times I test.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 2. Re: flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component
            cosmicfrog

Hello, i have the same problem. But it happens more in chrome or firefox. Could be the flash player version? I am using the last one (11.3.300.268).

Have anyone found a solution other than change the player?

• 3. Re: flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component
              transistor06 Level 1

Hey there.  No, I never found a solution for this.  The only time I see this happen is on a slow or temporarily slow connection.  If the user simply hits refresh, then the video will play.

It's pretty annoying, but honestly at this point my site is pretty outdated with AS 2.0. 

I plan on doing a major overhaul in the next few months, so it will no longer be a problem.  If anyone comes up with any ideas I would still be interested to hear them.

Thanks

• 4. Re: flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

disable autoPlay and use a progress listener to start your playback after about 50kb of the video is loaded.

• 5. Re: flv occasionally will not auto play using flvplayback component
                  luqui_0028

This is an old post, related to the Moov Atom position issue and I didnt want to actually fix the video headers so I applied a patch to the old as2 code I was working with and worked,  here is what I did:

var pl = false;

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();

listenerObject.progress = function(eventObject:Object):Void

{

var kbLoaded = eventObject.bytesLoaded/1024;

if(kbLoaded > 500)

{

if(pl == false)

{

video_flv.contentPath = 'aaaaaaaa';

video_flv.contentPath = fullAddress;

video_flv.play();

}

}

};

listenerObject.playing = function(eventObject:Object):Void

{

pl = true;

};

video_flv.addEventListener("complete", listenerObject);

video_flv.addEventListener("progress", listenerObject);

video_flv.addEventListener("playing", listenerObject);

Is like playing the video when having something of it in cache, but truth is that the player gets stuck and wont play when just saying play, to make it react I changed the contentPath to something else and then back to the one I wanted and did play once again.

Hope it helps.

TW: @lucss