• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whole-word search in project

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RH for HTML Help X4.1 on Windows XP. I want to search through all the text in all of the topics for a particular word or word string. Is that possible? I can't find anything that lets me do that? I realize this is NOT Win Help where I'd be searching a Word document, but it would be very helpful to be able to do a whole-word search of the project. Thanks.
-david

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi david. In X5 you just have to use the Just use the Find and Replace application from your Tools tab. I can't remember if X4 has a similar feature. I thought it has but it's been awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it does! Thank you, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just a word of warning. It is good practice to close your RH project down as the in built tool does occasionally fail to spot instances in open topics/projects. Personally most authors on here prefer to use other tools (e.g. FAR or BkReplacem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp