8 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2012 10:00 AM by Jim_Simon

Timeline visual rendering glitches

ultraluminous

As I add merged clips to a sequence and scrub around in the sequence, I get massive glitching. 

The video track files move separately from the audio track, the audio track clips create visual echoes all down the timeline, and clips move or don't move.  Zooming fixes some of the issue, but then the problems recur.  Moving clips also cause them to disappear, reappear, or duplicate.  At one point, the play head replicated itself over and over.

Is anyone else having these issues?  It is making it really difficult to edit.  I don't want to take the project back to CS5.5 and wait for this to get fixed, but I might have to....

Setup:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

24 GB RAM

Quadro 4000

Production Premium CS6 English

• 1. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
          ultraluminous Level 1

Okay.  This is just wholly unuseable.    If I move clips, they appear to disappear or duplicate.  I think they are actually in the right place, but I cannot see them.  Audio tracks and visual tracks don't track together.  At this point, CS6 is useless for me.

I have tried rebooting, but not reinstalling.  I'm not sure how the latter would help.  And there is no way to downsave to CS5.5, so I just wasted a huge amount of time.

FYI:

CS6 just updated this morning

Footage is AVCHD .mts format

• 2. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
            ultraluminous Level 1

So is anyone else having this issue.  Does Adobe actually respond to these issues?  Do I just ask for a refund on CS6?

• 3. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Couple of things.

1) Adobe employees do pop in and help out when they can.  These past two weeks, it's been very frequently, with several different employees posting here.  However, this is still a user forum so their contribution isn't guaranteed.

2) There is a problem in CS6 with spanned AVCHD media.  Adobe knows about it and is working on it.  For now, try some other media and see how that behaves.

3) Screen redraw issues are usually a video driver problem.  Try updating or reinstalling yours.

• 4. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
                ultraluminous Level 1

Thanks Jim.  I very much appreciate the response.

The issue with AVCHD affects my entire project, a feature film.  The software has been advertised for its compatibility.  I hope they get the issues fixed soon, as this issue moots any reason for me to have purchased the upgrade.

I am updating the Quadro drivers now and am downloading the just-released PP CS6 updates.  Hopefully that fixes the issue.  I will post a follow up.

Cheers

• 5. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
                  ultraluminous Level 1

So after reinstalling all video card drivers and software and installing the CS6.0.1 update, the situation is the same.

- There are problems scrolling vertically. 

- There are problems scrolling laterally. 

- The CTI reappears and disappears. 

- Clips disappear until clicked on. 

- If I edit, the clips don't move until the timeline passes over them.

I just wasted another set of hours reconforming all my video and now have to conform it back to 5.5 to continue editing.   Is no one else having these issues?

• 6. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

I don't think this is a common complaint.  And it still sounds like a driver issue.

What driver version are you using?  Do you have the Mercury Transmit driver installed?

• 7. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
                      ultraluminous Level 1

Interesting.  I did *not* have the Mercury Transit driver installed.  I had just installed every other Quadro 4000 driver/software from NVIDIA's site today.  I believe they were dated early May.

Now I have installed the Mercury Transit Driver for CS6.  It did not fix the problem.  I am glad you brought it up though - I didn't realize there was a specific driver for Mercury; I thought it worked with the standard NVIDIA drivers.

• 8. Re: Timeline visual rendering glitches
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

I had just installed every other Quadro 4000 driver/software from NVIDIA's site today.

OK.

It's a guess on my part but, after reading a bit about the different drivers. you might try removing them all, rebooting and then installing only the Graphics driver and Transmit driver.  Leave the others out.