2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2012 12:39 PM by hallo284

change interpretation Rules.txt

hallo284

Hi all

I'm trying to change the interpretation rules so that ae takes in pngs with a black premultiplied alpha.

this is how my line in the .txt reads. Changed the ~ to a = but no luck

# PNG file format is premultiplied by convention
      *, *, *, "PNGf", * = *, *, *, P, *, *

PNGf seems to be the type code for pngs according to wikipedia. Maybe that is where I am wrong but I could not find anything else. When aving PNG instead of 'PNGf' ae complains about a syntax error so I am pretty sure that at least PNG is not the right one.

if anyone could point me towards the right direction that would be great.

thanks  AE 5.5 mac pro 10.6.8

-ps I'm not a code guy, basically I don't fully understand what I did there I'm just following stuff I read online and in the interpretation rules.txt. Those *,*,*, thingys are a mystery to me. Please take that into account when answering

AE 5.5 mac pro running 10.6.8

• 1. Re: change interpretation Rules.txt
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

I don't understand why you want to do this.  You can tell AE how to read the footage in the Interpret Footage settings.

• 2. Re: change interpretation Rules.txt
            hallo284 Level 1

Hi David,

thanks for getting back. I am aware of that. I am comping with lots of passes from 3d. Every time a new version for the passes gets rendered and I update them ae 'forgets' the interpretation again.

if you deal with 100+ image sequences per shot going through all of them just to do the interpretation becomes a very annoying task. Even if I only had to do it once.

Please don't tell me I should be using nuke for this kind of work either it's not an option.