1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2012 11:17 PM by Michael Thornburgh

can not set  multicastRelayMarginDuration

whwi999 Level 1

hello

i try set the multicastRelayMarginDuration in my p2p application multicast broadcaster

netStream.multicastWindowDuration = 31;  // change default for everybody

netStream.multicastPushNeighborLimit = 10; // change default for everybody

netStream.multicastRelayMarginDuration = 5; // change default for everybody

netStream.publish("stream");

netStream.multicastRelayMarginDuration = 5; //test for HD

//netStream.multicastPushNeighborLimit = 10;

//netStream.multicastWindowDuration = 30;

i test with http://osmf.org/dev/1.6gm/setup.html and see the

multicastWindowDuration is set to 31 sec for everybody this works fine

the multicastPushNeighborLimit is alwys 4 i think this is ok because its an security limit set this value to more than 4

but the multicastRelayMarginDuration is alwys 2 sec is this normal? i can not set this value?

best regards

• 1. Re: can not set  multicastRelayMarginDuration
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

the multicastPushNeighborLimit and multicastRelayMarginDuration are set individually at each member; they are not inherited from the publisher. the defaults are 4 and 2 seconds respectively.

you can override any of the multicast parameters (including the window duration) at each peer. listen for NetStream.MulticastStream.Reset (which signals (re)attachment of a low-level multicast stream) and set/override the ones you want to change each time.

the parameters that are inherited from the publisher (but can still be overridden at each peer) are:

multicastWindowDuration

multicastAvailabilitySendToAll

multicastAvailabilityUpdatePeriod

also, if multicastPushNeighborLimit is 0, peers will inherit 0. if the publisher has a non-zero multicastPushNeighborLimit, peers will start with the default of 4.

these parameters are not inherited from the publisher, and have default initial values at each peer:

multicastFetchPeriod

multicastPushNeighborLimit (see exception/explanation above)

multicastRelayMarginDuration