• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager fails to install

New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Adobe Application Manager for the Creative Cloud on my Mac running OS X 10.7.4.

Fails every time I try.

What's the problem?

Screen Shot 2012-05-18 at 1.36.06 PM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean or how it's even applicable. I'm the only user on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the files from following locations: ~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/* and ~/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

You can send via email to tagarg@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, same error message.  I've spent yesterday afternoon and this morning going through the forums and tried some of the ~/Library/~ fixes to no avail...  I simply can't get the AAM to install which means I have zero access to the applciations in Adobe's Creative Cloud...  This is really stupid and frustrating and I'm thinking I should just ask for a refund instead wasting any more of my time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem as you are jim and fotodo, and I'm thinking of asking for a refund too. This is just infuriating and frustrating nonsense, not helped by the labyrinth you have to navigate to try and get some assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I replied properly, but I just now signed onto Adobe as a new "member". I'm about half a hair away from not being a member also. Chainsaw and fotodo and all you other guys: I am right there with you in that I can't even get past the AAM sign in problem. I'm on a windows 7 64-bit platform not overloaded by a bunch of junk software programs or anything and I constantly monitor my computer's activity for virus activity as I use it for my work and church activity.

HELLLLOOOO ADOBE!!!!!!!! Time to get a clue and address this problem instead of pushing us off to the next technical assistant and the next one and the next one and then. I've spent the last three days off and on trying to figure this out with their technical assistants who have ended the chat on me without notice (a virtual hangup for crying out loud), one refused to help me and suggested I phone call their tech support and the other just offered minimal support I already found in these forums. I think a refund is in my future.

Adobe, please help us ACTUALLY FIX our problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Spent 2 hours 15 minutes on phone with Adobe Support yesterday and they couldn't fix this problem!!! I'm waiting for tier 2 Adobe support to call me back. This really is bad as I can't update or download any Adobe Cloud Applications in effect I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving? Also now get error messages when launching Photoshop but it still runs...

Adobe please give this priority and post an updated AAM Installer that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, had this problem. After spending all of Christmas Eve morning on the phone and allowing the Adobe tech in India to operate my computer remotely via Adobe Connect, I was told that this was really an Apple problem. The tech was very uncommunicative and never explained the proceedures he was atempting. I went to the Apple Genius bar, where a very helpful technician recreated the errors. He believes there is something in the code that may have changed, possibly through an update, which doesn't allow me to log in to AAM. I've managed to create a sort of work around by logging in to my computer as a "root" user, then launching Muse, so that I can manage my website. I don't consider this a fix and I don't think that Adobe is addressing this problem properly. I haven't received any follow-up via email asking me to rate their service, which also seems a bit odd. At this point I don't have the option of opting out of Creative Cloud, since they are hosting my website through Business Catalyst.  ADOBE, HOW ABOUT SOME ACTION!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jgiannini48 if logging in as a root user resolves the issue then it would appear the permissions are likely compromised for the user account you regularly utilize.  Have you tried creating a new local administrator account and seeing if you experienced the same difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a solution!!!!

I found a similar thread in another Adobe Forum. I did the following (see below) and was able to install Adobe Application Manager OK. I'm now downloading Photoshop from Creative Cloud to see if it works... So far so good.

14.Benjamin Warde,

Nov 16, 2012 6:35 PM in reply to fmagrosoto

I just had this same problem myself.  I was eventually able to solve it by going to the Applications>Utilities folder and deleting the Adobe Application Manager folder.  Then I went here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID= 4438

And downloaded the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager, and installed it.  Then I tried downloading an application from Creative Cloud again, and it worked.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say after over 2 hours talking to Adobe Support (a few days ago) without any solution to AAM refusing to install including a promise from Adobe they would call me back even gave me a ticket number: 183921690 .... I never received any call or email. Great support eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trow thank you for the update.  It does appear that your case is currently escalated.  Our support team has been closed for the holidays which maybe why you have not been contacted.  You can find the status of the case by going to http://www.adobe.com/ and selecting My Adobe.  You can then access your support case from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I think I've found a fix see post just added...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both Jeff A. Wright's solution and Trow's solution, but no luck. I've even done a Safe Boot and used disk utility the repair permissions. Nothing seems to work. I'm thinking that there is some file that needs to be trashed, but which one. Here is the error message I get when I try to log into AAM:

Not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the screen shot of the error message didn't post. It simply says "Download error. Contact customer support"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After digging into the log file i can see that there is a problem with the latest AAM looking for an updates list. this could be a really simple fix to a problmatic bug but it seems it wont be resloved as its considered our fault for using corrupt software. (which we downloaded from adobe directly.)

Lets just hope this gets fixed,  I have tried reinstalling AAM after reinstalling the whole Operating System only to find its still showing this error (even on windows.) it seems to be a universal problem code for the installer on both Mac and Windows systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OliverBryant1 and Jgiannii48 can you please post your case numbers so I can review your interactions with our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry can't send you a case number, since I was never given one. However, I did spend nearly three hours on the phone with a tech in India on Dec. 24th. Using Adobe connect he remotely operated my computer and was unable to help. He asked me if I would contact if I ever figured out the solution. I never received a follow up email asking me to rate the service. Not very good customer relations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies jgiannini48 for your experience.  I have sent you a private message so we can discuss the difficulties you are experiencing further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will look forward to that. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out I found a support case number:

Case #0209814842

It is marked as withdrawn. I tech it should say that Adobe support was unable to resolve my issue.

Also, I received no private message from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd jgiannini48 I show it in the sent messages on Jan 4, 2013.  I have now sent you a message via the e-mail address registered under your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the saga continues. I spent the entire evening exchanging messages with a Tier 3 tech and trying fixes. The essence of his advice was as follows:

Please uninstall any copy of Muse you may have installed earlier. Make sure there is no copy of Adobe Muse in your Programs and Features list.

Also remove the below listed folders from the disk if they exist:

/Applications/Adobe Muse

~/Library/Preferences/AdobeMuse

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/MBLStore

Then download the latest Muse installer from http://www.adobe.com/go/muse_latest_mac

Save it on your Desktop and install Muse using that installer. Upon launch, activate using your Adobe ID with which you have purchased your subscription.

I went through this procedure several times, although two of the files did not exist in the library. None of this worked. Since I was able to install Muse by looging in as "root". This promted the Tech advisor to suggest the following:

It seems the issue is with this particular user account on the machine, as performing the same steps in the root account is working fine.

To confirm that the issue is account specific, I would suggest that you create a fresh user account with administrator privileges and try to install and activate Muse in that account.

This solution struct me as the "nuclear option", since it would require me to re-enter all my ID's and passwords for every application, mail account, and website, besides remapping my keyboard. Rather than take this drastic measure, I went to an Apple Genius Bar, where Genius Tim laid hands on and managed to work some magic, clearing out some corrupted files. He was then able to download Adobe Application Manager, which launched without problem.

Later in the day at home I tried to re-install Muse, as well as other applications, only to receive the following message:

Installation Failed

Administrator privileges are required to install. Please retry or cancel to install later.

I checked the system preferences to make sure that I am still listed as administrator, which I am.

Any suggestions? I'm at the point of billing Adobe for my time. Where do I send my invoice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpgiannini48 it still appears that your original user account has become compromised and no longer has sufficent privelages to utilize the Adobe applications.

You should be able to copy your preferences and documents to the new user account.

You could try adjusting the permissions on your original account but it is difficult to determine where your current user account is failing.  You can try Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html to apply permission changes to any affected directory.  At minimum you would want to adjust permissions on the following directories.

• Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager
  • Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers

Please make sure you apply the changes to enclosed items.  It is very likely though that you no longer have sufficient permissions in additional directories not listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines