0 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2012 3:31 PM by efusion3

Editing Flip Mino HD video natively (H.264 AVC, 720p, 60fps)

efusion3

I'm using a trial version of CS6 to evaluate between it and Final Cut X. Everything's super-laggy; importing, editing (especially playback), even bringing up the Title panel is laggy; I have to wait at least a minute before the "spinning wheel of death" clears. I thought CS5 and up was supposed to handle these file types natively? How is it that I can do all these tasks much faster on FCX?

The only reason why I can't make a final decision now is because Premiere (and by extension, Media Encoder) lets me render iBook-compatible MP4/M4V files, or just video files with chapter/Encore markers, something that—ironically—FCX can't do. I want to like Premiere CS6, but this lagging is killing me, and I don't want to have to transcode first in order to edit when I can be up and running with the same files on FCX. I've even tried re-installing the trial and flushing existing render files/cache, and it's giving me the same problems. Help!

(I use a 15.4" MacBook Pro with 2.5GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM and 500GB SSD hard drive)