1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2012 9:56 AM by madetofallblog

View deactivate on screen orientation change (mobile app)

u1vandyk

Hi all

Im writing an Android app in Flash Builder 4.6 and I noticed that when I run the application and press the BACK key in my root View, the app closes, BUT STILL STAYS IN MEMORY. I figured that when I handle the View's deactivate event (which got fired because I pressed the Back key) I can exit the nativeApplication (to be removed from memory) like this:

<s:View  xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

deactivate="deactivateHandler(event)" skinClass="skins.HomeViewSkin" title="MyApp" overlayControls.portrait="false" tabBarVisible.portrait="false">

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

protected function deactivateHandler(event:Event): void {

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.exit();}

]]>

</fx:Script>

THIS CREATED ANOTHER PROBLEM FOR ME:

Now everytime I change the orientation of my phone (WHICH ALSO FIRES THE VIEW'S DEACTIVATE EVENT), the app closes because of the event handle I created above.

Is there any way I can prevent the app from closing when the phone orientation changes??

Cheers

Johan

• 1. Re: View deactivate on screen orientation change (mobile app)
          madetofallblog

I'm bumping this topic.

I'm having this same issue, due to the nature of the app I cannot disable orientation changes but I don't feel good leaving the application running - I feel it's poor design.

So, I really need to either be able to exclude the deactivate event from the resize event, or I need another way to force the app to exit when the user leaves the app.

Does anyone have a potential fix for this?

Thanks,

--Austin