Exit

Youtube video position problem

New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its hard to explain in words so I've uploaded a pic of it:

http://s8.postimage.org/ldxabvubn/New_Picture.png

As you can see the video is cropped/moved(?) to the right side. It only happened twice during this week and although it happens rarely, I feel this is not normal.

Here's my specs:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- FireFox 12.0

- Flash player 11.2.202.235

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

This screams hardware acceleration. 

First, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card installed.

1.) Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Flash Player.  Details are the Solve Video Problems section, here:  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

2.) If the issue persists, please disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox:

Click the orange Firefox button

Click Options

Under General, uncheck Use hardware acceleration where available

3.) Attach the output of dxd

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post images directly here in the forum, using the camera icon in the forum editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://s8.postimage.org/ldxabvubn/New_Picture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not going to click on a link to a dubious 3rd-party server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just replied your previous post with the pic posted directly using the camera icon in the forum editor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for you to post your screenshot here in the forum; you just reporsted the same link as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the... I did post the pic on this forum... can't you see the big pic above your reply? I don't understand how you can miss that... 

Whatever, I'll just post it again here...

New_Picture.png

Btw, the link that I've provided in the first post is not suspicious either way. I understand your cautious of clicking malicious link but the link I've provided is not one of them.

Anyway, if you STILL can't see the pic I've posted on this reply... I'm sorry but the problem is on your side, not mine. As other people can see my pics posted on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; this time the image is embedded in your post.

Unfortunately I have to leave right away; hopefully someone else can take up your problem for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, I'll just wait for your replies and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd.  Have you ever seen this occur with another browser?  Any site other than YouTube?  If not, you might want to also post on the YouTube forum to see if they've encountered it.

I'll ask one of our Firefox experts if they've seen this before.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've tried with IE, chrome and safari and handful of videos shows this problems.

As far as any other sites, I didn't encounter this problem. I'm guessing this has something to do with youtube.

I'll ask in youtube forum and see how it goes...

Anyway thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright seems like any forums I've been to (youtube related) none of them responded nor dosen't what the problem is.

Sigh, I'm losing hope now... I'm seeing this problem more and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're not getting very far.  Don't give up though, just try to explain your issue (with screenshots or videos) and hopefully someone will be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Hopefully, someone will able to identify the problem. Seems like I'm the only one with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to clear the browser caches of all your browsers; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1011139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kanade,

I have been experiencing this issue myself for a few weeks on my PC, and generally ripping my hair out over not being able to see videos scaled properly - an absolute hassle for watching Diablo III streams on twitch.tv, so you're not alone! Everything from switching browsers, deleting browser caches, and deleting and re-downloading far too many browser plugins to count.

However, I've seemed to have found a temporary solution, and I would like you to double check this for me - could you disable Hardware Acceleration on your version of Flash Player? You can do this by right-clicking any Flash video (for convenience, just any flash video will do), and click on the 'Settings...' Dialog. From there, you just uncheck the 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' box from the first tab, and then close the dialog and refresh the page/browser.

For me, it seems to have solved the issue and videos now scale correctly, and I would like to hear if it solves your problems too. I will endevour to take a couple of screenshots so Chris Campbell can pass this on to the right people!

Regards,

Siri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, here is a comparison picture I have made that shows the issue I have been having with Hardware Acceleration turned on. It's quite a large picture, but I would rather it be as accurate as possible!

http://i.imgur.com/W5kbK.jpg

As you can see, there's a fair amount of estate that's lost from having Hardware Acceleration across all sides of the picture - in this picture, it's more noticable on the top of the screen, which loses Win/Loss dialogues and some of the top profile picture on MVC3's HUD.

I'm currently using Flash Player 11.2.202.235, with the Hardware being an AMD Radeon 6850 running Catalyst Driver 12.4, known as one of the latest 'stable' driver sets (by AMD's standards, anyway!). If the staff require any more details Chris, please let me know so I can provide as much information on this as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pat William

I've tried clearing the browser caches of all my browsers (Firefox and IE) and the problem still occurs time to time.

@h196840

Thank god I'm not the only one with this problem.

My 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' is already disabled so I don't think this counts as temporarliy "solution".

Hmm I'm out of ideas of what to do now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h196840 - It looks like your ATI card might be doing overscan.  Can you go into CCC and see if this is enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still there... I have the latest version of FireFox, flash drive, graphic card etc...

I am just... lost in oblivion of what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanade, can you disable all of your browser extensions and see if it still occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or restart Firefox in Safe Mode → Help | Restart with Add-ons disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Both of them did not work.

Also I don't know if this information is relevant but I've found some common traits for videos showing this problem:

- Most of them are fairly new (uploaded within this month or so)

-          //              filmed with camera (Not something like Anime, Cartoons, games etc...)

- I've just realized it now but if you look at the picture I've uploaded, you can see the top part of the video cropped for about 1mm

I don't know if these infos will help you but I guess its better than nothing.

In addition, I've tried downgrading Firefox and Flash player and the problem is STILL there...

Sigh...

P.S UNRELATED QUESTION:

I have a questions which is unrelated to this topic. There were no answers for this question in this forum and I don't want to post another discussion thread.

Anyway the question is: whenever watching youtube video (only youtube) for a long period of time, without any actions whatsoever, the screen goes to screensaver. I can still hear the sound however, it goes to screensaver.

How can you stop this? It kind of gets annoying where I had to move my mouse or tap any keys to get rid of screensaver.

Once again, help would be appreciated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines