2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2012 4:03 PM by sfrickguy

Burning backup of downloaded CS6

sfrickguy Level 1

I recently downloaded upgrade to CS6 and would like to burn a backup CD. I tried, but when I opened the backup CD I got a circle with a line through it (not allowed or available symbol) over the Photoshop icon. Is there some way to do this?

• 1. Re: Burning backup of downloaded CS6
          MikeKPhoto Level 2

I managed to burn my install package to DVD. The package I used was located in Users/MyComputerName/ and there is the Photoshop Package called Photoshop_13_LS16.7z and extractor called Photoshop_13_LS16. Burned these two files to DVD and tried tested on another machine, stopped after the extraction process as I wanted to make sure it would work.

You could download the trial version and back that up to DVD?

MK

• 2. Re: Burning backup of downloaded CS6
            sfrickguy Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I have figured out my problem. After burning the backup discs, I wanted to use them to upgrade the cs5 I also have installed on my MacBook, which runs the earlier Photoshop program just fine. But then I just checked system requirements for cs6, and you need OSX 10.6.8 or higher -- which my desktop has but my MacBook is a 10.5.8 -- so it's a no-go. When I try the backup discs in the desktop, they work fine.