14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2012 9:22 AM by Steven Pribilinskiy

Scrubbing leads to Stuttering in CS6

Steven Pribilinskiy Level 1

When Scrubbing in Timeline the video is stuttering in the Program Monitor Pane and/or on the 2nd Monitor.

This problem was not exist in CS5.5 and older.

This happens only when Reference Monitor is open and it is Ganged to the Program Monitor.

Disabling ganging temporarily to be able to scrub without stuttering is a very inconvenient workaround, I have to press the Gang button and furthermore a step forward/backward every time when I need to update the scopes. This is an awkward inappropriate solution. I never used before the Gang button, it was always enabled, and now I would have to press it thousand times per project additionally pressing step forward/backward.

Stuttering persist regardless of Source/Program panels open state. Stuttering doesn't depend on "Adobe Monitor 2" enabled state. I even tried to close all of the panels except Timeline, Program and Reference Monitor - stuttering depends only on the Reference Monitor pane.

I have found that this happens only when some scopes are viewed. Interesting that when scopes are viewed in the Program monitor, there's no stuttering on the 2nd "Adobe Monitor 2". So problem is gone when setting Reference Monitor to Composite Video and it's look like a solution - Set Reference Monitor to Composite Video and the main Program Panel View to some Scopes like RGB Parade - and I have tried it and it works! But there's again a a caveat - Program Panel View Mode is Not saved in Workspace/Project file and Composite Video view is automatically selected after reopening the Program Monitor Pane . Anyway, this is also an inconvenient solution. Now I would have to switch Composite/Scope View every time I will need to use Transform tools or the Eyedropper tool to get a color from the video. Neither works on "Adobe Monitor 2".

When Program Monitor is set to some scope view, 2nd monitor view isn't updating the current frame when performing any trim operation regardless of Reference Monitor set to Composite View. That's not acceptable, better off with the 1st workaround solution.

The stuttering persist when the Mercury playback engine is set to Software only.

The stuttering should be fixed in some bug-fix update release as it seems there's no other workaround exist. Isn't it?

It's interesting whether you also have such an experience when using reference monitor in Windows version of Premiere6?

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:Scrubbing leads to Stuttering

Steps to reproduce bug:

1.When Scrubbing in Timeline the video is stuttering in the Program Monitor Pane and/or on the 2nd Monitor.

2.This happens only when Reference Monitor is open and it is Ganged to the Program Monitor.

3.Stuttering persist regardless of Source/Program panels open state. Stuttering doesn't depend on "Adobe Monitor 2" enabled state. I even tried to close all of the panels except Timeline, Program and Reference Monitor - stuttering depends only on the Reference Monitor pane.

4.I have found that this happens only when some scopes are viewed. Interesting that when scopes are viewed in the Program monitor, there's no stuttering on the 2nd "Adobe Monitor 2".

5. When Program Monitor is set to some scope view, 2nd monitor view isn't updating the current frame when performing any trim operation regardless of Reference Monitor set to Composite View. That's not acceptable.

6. The stuttering persist when the Mercury playback engine is set to Software only.

Results:Stuttering

Expected results:Stutter-free as in CS5.5 and older versions

Link: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform