3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2012 4:12 PM by John T Smith

Premiere Pro/Prelude CS6 not working with AVCHD from Canon HF G10

NielsPr

I just tried switching from Final Cut Pro 7/X to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and have not been able to get Premiere Pro or Prelude to work with AVCHD footage from my Canon HF G10.  The system runs Mac OS X 10.7.4 on a 3.4 GHz quad-core iMac with 16GB of RAM and 10Gbit/s Thunderbolt RAID for video storage.   Adobe Updater ran yesterday and installed CSXS infrastructure updates which did not fix the problems.

After importing several short (less than 5 minutes each) 1080p30 clips into Premiere Pro, I can scrub over the first few seconds of a clip but afterwards it stalls or mixes in frames from the beginning of the clip.    Rendering 30 seconds of video does not complete in reasonable time, i.e. takes more than 5 minutes.   I figured I would try ingest the footage with Prelude and am running into the same problems.   Scrubbing does not work, only the first few seconds from a clip are available.     When configuring Prelude to transcode on ingest, I am getting "Import XMP failed" errors.   I already spent several hours trying to figure this out.   In the meantime, I finished the project using Final Cut Pro X :-\

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Niels.