6 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2012 2:46 PM by NativeKnowledge

Deleted a crucial layer accidentally!

NativeKnowledge

I am working with cs5 Indesign. The printer asked for a format change. That was fine. As I was about to close the document I scanned the various pages and realized that there was a number of horrible deletions that occured somewhere along the process of working. Now 2 days later I am assessing the real extent of the self-inflicted damage.

1. I somehow deleted a crucial layer: a small box and number that runs throughout the document to identify photos.

2. Several 2 page spreads are empty of photos. And several pages have 1 or 2 photos missing.

I'd like to do the following:

1. Copy the layer that contains the small box and numbers from a separate version of the same project (a previous version) into the most current project version. I have already pasted one layer into place from one to the other but it brings both the images and the numbered boxes as well.

ALSO, is there a way to see previous versions? I'd really like to go to my last saved version of the current project from Friday evening at about 5 o'clock. Is there a history function available with InDesign like some of the video projects I work with?

Thanks for any assistance.