• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Appllying effects, shadow, bevel, glow to text

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I apply the effects, shadow, bevel ,glow to text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Hi StudioPentimento,

In order to apply Effects to text, Muse needs to rasterize the text into an image. Therefore, Effects on text will only works if you have chosen a System Font or if you have rotated your text - both of which force the text to be rasterized.

Screen shot 2012-06-04 at 11.33.25 AM.png

The ability to select an Effect for Web Fonts or Web Safe Fonts depends on browser compatibility which is not equal for all browser platforms as compatibility with CSS on browsers is something which Muse cannot control within its design , W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you can't. The reason I'm assuming is because other people's browsers would not be able to support that effect since it is not an image. There may be a way in Muse to convert the text into an image and then be able to apply those effects. The easiest way to get the effect on the text you want would be to do it in Photoshop first and use the Place command to bring it into Muse. This isn't preferred though since it is just an image and the text wouldn't play nice with search engines and is considered bad form for search engine optimization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of those effects and more are acheiveable with CSS: http://designmodo.com/css3-text-effect-tutorials/

What is unclear is how to achieve them in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StudioPentimento,

In order to apply Effects to text, Muse needs to rasterize the text into an image. Therefore, Effects on text will only works if you have chosen a System Font or if you have rotated your text - both of which force the text to be rasterized.

Screen shot 2012-06-04 at 11.33.25 AM.png

The ability to select an Effect for Web Fonts or Web Safe Fonts depends on browser compatibility which is not equal for all browser platforms as compatibility with CSS on browsers is something which Muse cannot control within its design , We allow users to apply it to text using System Fonts because we are already rasterizing the text frame.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I can replicate my logotype which includes a glow, so I tried importing the logotype as a JPG but the color shifts from a darker green to an almost flourescent green. Given that I just signed up for Creative Cloud to use Muse on this site, it appears that Muse is incapable of handling the simple task of either adding a glow to text or accurately importing a JPG image.

Solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you search the web for the css effect you want, export your Muse website to html, create a copy of the css file (it's located in the Muse html export  folder on your computer) and hack the css. Put in shadows, glows, etc. then upload the css file after you've uploaded everything else. It's all pretty simple and very fast because you are only uploading a tiny file. Here's a snippet from the Muse-generated css, with the dark gray text shadow hack at the bottom:

{

font-size: 22px;

color: #D9B1F2;

font-family: cooper-black-std, sans-serif;

font-weight: 400;

position: relative;

text-shadow: -3px 3px 3px #444

}

the hack starts with text-shadow: then the first parameter is x offset, second is y offset, third is amount of blur, fourth is shadow color.

So, this puts a dark gray shadow with very little blur behind and to the lower left of the text.

Now you have your effect and it's SEO friendly. Try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see why this a problem for Adobe.

Dreamweaver CC has a very intuitive interface for creating CSS drop shadows onto text without having to raterize any of the text.  I don't see why they couldnt port something similar into muse.  For me, the abilty to create such styles is basic functionality that should have been included in muse from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed this effect for a header. I tried using the vertical text tool, rotating it 90 degrees and then putting the effects and it worked. This could be a way to do it while the Muse team fix this bug.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this bug be fixed?  It was reported in June 2014 and I am writing this in January 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about creating real text in two colors, the top being the main color and the bottom the shadow color, and sandwiching these together? Would the search engines find this confusing? Or could they still read it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are saying put a copy of the text under the main text and offset it a little, that works very well as a shadow

Being in text and not rasterized it is readable by google and the other engines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the tips and technique video that you can watch when you launch Muse is incorrect, as the effercts on the text are made on the Playball text and apparently this is still editible by the client if they use the editor to edit the text!

for me, even if rotating the text does not allow these effects to be selected!

Cheers Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a stroke on the text itself, like red text with a black stroke to that text. Then maybe I might want to add a drop shadow to it all. I understand the answer about the way to make a shadow, but can someone tell me how to add s stroke to the text first please? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text stroke isn't possible with Muse. That CSS attribute is only supported by certain browsers - Internet Explorer and Firefox aren't on that list yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you. I thought for sure it would be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is actually very easy to add text shadow.

all you have to do is set your text as H1,H2 ....

and than add to your <head> on page properties this code:

<style>

h1 {

text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: text-shadow, that true as long as you don't mind it not appearing for all the site visitors using IE8 or IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the right answer and it works!!!! You have to get a little creative with the h tags but this works!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines