5 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2012 7:45 PM by the_wine_snob

no sound in PE 10 export

exax.

so I've created a video in PE 10 and added sound to it in the form of mp3. When I tried to export it though, there was no sound. It played fine in PE.

I've read through most of the other posters having this problem and tried multiple formats and multiplexings. I can't even export just the audio.

It is also not really possible to do this in audacity as the music is timed to the video and is cut up a lot already.

Is there any way to save the project?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: no sound in PE 10 export
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you cannot just Export the Audio, then something is very wrong. I would try with the MS AVI Export/Share option, and see if you can JUST select Export Audio with that one. Some Export/Share options do not allow for separate Export options, like Audio Only, but most do.

As you have read, Multiplexing is required to combine both the Audio and Video Streams. If you have changed the Multiplexing setting from "None," to something like "DVD," and still get no Audio, then something else is happening.

Going back to your Timeline, where are those MP3 files located? Are they on one of the Fixed Audio Tracks, like the Soundtrack, or the Narration Track?

Also, MP3's can create problems. In general, I will convert those to PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, and Import and use the WAV files. As a test, I would try that with one, and test. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on problem MP3's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: no sound in PE 10 export
            exax. Level 1

I have the tracks in the soundtrack and just tried sharing/exporting as an avi audio only with no luck.

I suppose I'm going to have to convert all the original tracks in audacity and re-import them as I have no idea what the problem could be.

• 3. Re: no sound in PE 10 export
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Before you do any conversions, just Move those Clips to another, free Audio Track, and try again.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: no sound in PE 10 export
                exax. Level 1

Switched the audio to the narration track and it started working. That saved me alot of potential work.

Thanks

• 5. Re: no sound in PE 10 export
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news!

Not sure what contributes to the two Fixed Audio Tracks messing up, though it does seem Project related, as the same user will have all work, and then NOT. Wish that we could track it down, as there must be something, that the users are doing, to cause them to cease working.

Still, getting your Project completed is all we need.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt