2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2012 6:47 PM by flashAnimate

How to Make Hair Appear in Front of and Behind an MC Object?

flashAnimate Level 1

Hello again,

I am making a character with lots of hair. I would like to know how to make the hair appear both in front of and behind the Movie Clip object.

I'll explain further. I have the "frontHair" connected to the "head" MC. When I pivot the head, a bare spot shows in an outlined shape of the arms/legs/torso. I thought I'd remedy this by making "hairBack" and then layer it behind the object. This opens up a can of troubles.

I can't seem to get the "hairBack" to appear behind the torso and arms. Also, the "frontHair" is now blocking me from grabbing onto the arms and legs.

It's crucial that this character has all of the hair, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it happen.

Please, help!

Thank you,

Mike

p.s. While returning from a beer run, I thought about masking. I'm still trying to work out the logic on this one.

• 1. Re: How to Make Hair Appear in Front of and Behind an MC Object?
          esdebon Level 4

Copy in a new layer behind and Front

• 2. Re: How to Make Hair Appear in Front of and Behind an MC Object?
            flashAnimate Level 1

Thank you for replying. II didn't know which specific layers and objects you were referring to, but I figured out the problem I was having.

I used only one newly created "hair" object and set it to "Guide" to get it out of the way (in a sense). I then selected all the body parts (movie clips) that I could and selected "Move to Front" for each one. I used the Selection Tool to move the head (with connected hair) out of the way. After doing this I was able to select the "torso"; which was previously hidden behind the Armature Layer. I then put the head back in place and I was set to roll.

Ah, but then I encountered another error. My animations are set to 24fps, but they are moving at least 10 times slower. This happens within Flash and in the exported swf files.

The topic deals with "text field variable names" errors and compiler errors dealing with "Symbol 'fps' ".

This is the address to that topic. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1009225

Thank you (again),

Mike