• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Swiff/Eolsoft and Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am current using a Dell Latitude D820 Laptop that is using Windows 7 (32-bit) running with the current version of Firefox (12, not a beta version) and have just installed the most current version of Adobe Flash Player (11). However I am completely unable to play any of my computers .swf or .flv files.

Whenever I try to open the Swiff player an error message pops up that says and I quote 'Unfortunately, Adobe Flash player ActiveX isn't installed in your system. SWF & FLV player requires this ActiveX control for proper working. Please visit www.adobe.com and install Flash Player ActiveX Control.' (This is the error message to the letter I left out nothing.)

Now I navigated to the website and installed the newest version of flash that the adobe website provided and after looking extensively (see exhaustively) through both the web and the adobe help site for a solution for this problem I have found nothing conclusive.

So I attempted to use Eolsoft Flash Movie Player but it provided the following error message: Flash Movie Player requires the Macromedia Flash Player Plugin, which is not found in this system. Would you like to go to the Macromedia website and install the plugin?

Following the provided link simply leads me to the adobe website where I have both installed and uninstalled the program several times. If anyone knows the solution to these problems I would very much appreciate your help.

After searching more through the internet and my computer I have found in the settings of my flash that it says ActiveX version is not installed. What does that mean? I thought that ActiveX came with the Adobe Flash download.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Flash Player has two components:

• the ActiveX Control for Internet Explorer
  • the plugin for other browsers

Other applications may use one or the other of these components, so you may need to have both installed.

Try downloading and running the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#install_in_a_firewall_proxy_server_environment - note that no browsers or applications using Flash Player must be running during the install.

If you sti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player has two components:

• the ActiveX Control for Internet Explorer
  • the plugin for other browsers

Other applications may use one or the other of these components, so you may need to have both installed.

Try downloading and running the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#install_in_a_... - note that no browsers or applications using Flash Player must be running during the install.

If you still have problems after that, please list what files you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! Downloading from Internet Explorer did the trick alright. I was beginning to think my computer was the problem. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unfortunately I pops that thread again. I had the same problem like my friend up here Hexweaver describe.

for opening swf files I'm using Swiff Player  - "Whenever I try to open the Swiff player an error message pops up that says and I quote 'Unfortunately, Adobe Flash player ActiveX isn't installed in your system. SWF & FLV player requires this ActiveX control for proper working. Please visit www.adobe.com and install Flash Player ActiveX Control.' (This is the error message to the letter I left out nothing.) "

For the first step - " I navigated to the website and installed the latest version of flash that the adobe website provided " , which thankfully helped open the Swiff Player.

Now every time Im trying opening swf video file the following message appears -

Untitled.png

Im not sure but Its seems like a kind of ActiveX file is missing on the computer system, if i could only know which file are necessary for opening SWF video file its would be very useful solving the problem . If anyone saw that kind of message or knows the solution to these problems I would very much appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines