2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 10:44 AM by Rallymax-forum

How do you find "App installation path"

Rallymax-forum Level 3

According to the SDK doc page 117 on presets, you're supposed to install to "App installation path" but I can't find a reliable registry entry that indicates what it is.

Premiere Pro presets

[App installation path]\MediaIO\systempresets\[exporter subfolder]

I did find...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\[version]\AMECodecCache\64\en_US\AppRoot

and..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version]\AMECodecCache\64\en_US\Default\AppRoot

and...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\Usage\Agent

What is the correct way to detect the installation path?

What if the user has CS5 and CS6 installed?

What if the user doesn't have en_US installed as the language?

Is it really a common preset system for CS5 and CS6 as the doc suggests or do you have to put it in both PPro and AME?

thx

Rallymax

• 1. Re: How do you find "App installation path"
          Zac Lam Adobe Employee

I should put a link from page 177 to page 35 on plug-in installation.  There it gives the Premiere Pro app path you’re looking for:

Presets and editing mode XML files are loaded from the application-specific folders, not from the

common location. On Windows, the root path for Premiere Pro is in the registry at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\

Adobe Premiere Pro.exe. Then, just add the proper subdirectories.

For sequence presets:

\Settings\SequencePresets\[Your specific folder]\

Editing modes:

\Settings\Editing Modes\

Sequence preview presets:

\Settings\EncoderPresets\SequencePreview\[Your editing mode GUID]\

Encoder presets:

\MediaIO\systempresets\[Your exporter folder]\

Unfortunately there’s no Media Encoder app path given.  I’ll log a bug if you’re interested.

However, now that the AME team has added the new Preset Browser for CS6, that info on installing the presets in a separate location for each app for better performance may no longer be relevant.  Installing to the shared location here…

[User folder]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\[version]\Presets\

might be fine and quite a bit easier.

• 2. Re: How do you find "App installation path"
            Rallymax-forum Level 3

That App Path Registry Key doesn't really help since you can't install, as you say, to the AME MedioIO too.

I'll use the User Key for now since I can detect CS4.0, 5.0, 5.5 & 6.0 and give options as to whether you want the plugin installed in each version you currently have installed.

please add a bug incident requesting registry keys for all the installation locations - and as noted previouly, not just for the current version - because LOTS of people use version x and x-1.