4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 4:06 AM by station_two

Installing Adobe CS5 on Mac

NTetzz

Hi I have a problem with installing any Adobe CS5 programs on my Mac OS X 10.6.8. I successfully installed a Master Collection CS5 edition that we use in my school. But then I had to reinstall all of them and after installing it says it was successfull but all I find in my "Applications" folder is just folders of the applications and nothing to launch inside. I thought at first that maby this had something to do with cashe so I cleared all cashe and manually looked for more files that maby would have remained on the computer but I could not find any. What can I do to reinstall it successfully?

• 1. Re: Installing Adobe CS5 on Mac
          Baljeet S. Juneja Adobe Employee

Hi,

1. Were you able to search for applications like Photoshop, Indesign in the spot light of MAC ?

2. if yes, then try launching from there

See if it helps !

How exaclty you tried to uninstall them previously ?

Were they successfully uninstalled that time ?

Thanks,

Baljeet

• 2. Re: Installing Adobe CS5 on Mac
            NTetzz Level 1

No when I searched for those in spotlight nothing appears that has anything to do with the applications what I know.

I uninstalled them by just deleting them from the applications folder and then ofcourse emptying the recycle bin aswell. This is the normal way to uninstall on a Mac.

• 3. Re: Installing Adobe CS5 on Mac
              NTetzz Level 1

I solved the problem. I found the installer in "applications" folder and used it to uninstall correctly and now I should be able to install them again.

Tank you anways!

• 4. Re: Installing Adobe CS5 on Mac
                Level 5

NTetzz wrote:

…I uninstalled them by just deleting them from the applications folder and then ofcourse emptying the recycle bin aswell. This is the normal way to uninstall on a Mac.

Not since Photoshop CS4 it isn't, NTetzz.  Adobe installed an Adobe Utilities folder inside your ./Applications/Utilities folder and put an Uninstaller there.  THen it placed an alias of such Uninstaller inside the Photoshop CS4 folder:

CS4_Uninstaller.jpg

Ever since, we have to use the Adobe Uninstaller.

Hope you have in fact fixed your problem, but just in case you haven't, you need to download and run the CSCleaner Tool also called CSClean:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html