3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 9:33 AM by roymeo_

TouchEvent Freezes Screen

clementyew

Hi,

I'm facing this issue on Windows 7 Touch Screens (Dell, Acer etc).

When someone touches an object with "TouchEvent" listener, any other animation happening on the screen will freeze for like 1 second.

This happens when the user touches and hold on the screen.

How do you solve this issue?

• 1. Re: TouchEvent Freezes Screen
          roymeo_ Employee Moderator

Can you provide some code example?

There should be plenty of examples on the web to try and see if they're having the same problem.

• 2. Re: TouchEvent Freezes Screen
            clementyew Level 1

Erm,

How should I put it?

Any regular touch event would cause that.

E.g :

var ldr:Loader = new Loader();

// ldr loads some image content

ldr.addEventListener(TouchEvent.TOUCH_TAP,onTap);

function onTap(e:TouchEvent){

//do something

}

Let's say the loader content is a looping swf animation, that animation will pause when the finger is on the screen (press and hold).

It freezes for about 1 second before continuing.

Any other animations, swf's running will also freeze. I'm using Windows 7 and an Acer 23' Dual Touchscreen.

Any idea how to prevent this? Is there some method to let the Display enterframe run immediately after the touch is detected?

• 3. Re: TouchEvent Freezes Screen
              roymeo_ Employee Moderator

OK, Since I don't know what level of programmer you are, I'm just trying to check that you're not doing something like sitting in a tight loop in your function onTap() and I'm also looking for a reproducable case or a common example so we're on the same page.  I found this page http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS1ca064e08d7aa93023c59dfc1257b16a3d6-7ffe.html which has a TOUCH_TAP event.

So you see a lag even when you do nothing at all in there at "//do something"?  That indicates to me something is definitely wrong somewhere that throwing an UpdateAfterEvent wouldn't really fix.