2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 9:58 AM by the_wine_snob

Moving Clips More Precisely PrE 9

likemovies Level 1

I am moving clips around and many times want to to insert a clip exactly between two other clips. When I do it however, I seem to chop off a bit of one of the existing clips. Is there an easy way to slide in or insert precisely between two clips? It's a pain to go back and patch together the broken clips. Thank you, Stan

• 1. Re: Moving Clips More Precisely PrE 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Zooming in on the timeline (by pressing the + key) will allow you to more precisely place your clips.

But, yes, it is very easy to accidently clip off the end of a clip when you add a new clip between two others. Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do to avoid it.

• 2. Re: Moving Clips More Precisely PrE 9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not understand why, with Snap ON, PrE will shear off a Frame, or two, but if one Moves the Clip slowly, and with little "force," that does not happen. I have never observed similar behavior in PrPro.

If one is doing much of this Moving, it would be wise to check the full Timeline, in case some Orphans have been created. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on Orphans, and how to handle them.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful