3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2012 6:03 PM by Dillon_B

automatically batch place objects in InDesign and show their respective filenames

Dillon_B

Hello everyone!

I have a project that has a potential to take quite a long time if done manually, so I'm wondering if it's possible to batch the process.  I have about 1500 individual TIFF images that I need to place on individual InDesign pages as well as listing their filenames underneath them all.  I want to fit as many as possible onto each page while still leaving a little white space around the edges.  It's a catalog library of a bunch of different designs for a printing company so they have all their designs in a PDF they can pull up.

Is there a way to batch place all the images while displaying their respective filenames in text boxes underneath them (instead of doing it one by one)?  If this isn't possible in InDesign but there's a way to do it in Photoshop or another application I'm more than willing to try alternatives.  Perhaps a script of some sort?

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated as it would save a ton of time!  Thanks!

- Dillon