7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 5:25 AM by Carl Sun

Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud

jrmyprtr

I am getting the following errors when updating via the update manager.  I'm running OSX 10.6.8

Adobe Extension Manager CS6 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I216

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.1 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I216

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

Any help on how to resolve these errors much appreciated

• 1. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Extension Manager forum.  You may also want to review this forum as other users have reported the same difficulties and found solutions here.

• 2. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
            Carl Sun Level 4

Extension Manager CS6 Update has to be applied to Extension Manager CS6 GM build, which is 6.0.0.412. You can run Extension Manager and click "Help"->"About Extension Manager" menuitem to see the version information. If it is not 6.0.0.412, please download and install it from http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/, then update it.

If Extension Manager still cannot be updated, please follow these steps to generate a log file so that we can tell the root cause.

1. Open a Terminal window.

2. Run command: cd /tmp

3. Run command: touch ribs3debug

4. After that a new file named "ribs3debug" should have been created in /tmp folder.

5. Delete "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Extension Manager CS6 6.0.1 05-23-2012.log.gz" if it exists. (Maybe the date is different.)

6. Update Extension Manager CS6, via Adobe Application Manager or running updater installer manually.

7. The new log file "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Extension Manager CS6 6.0.1 05-23-2012.log.gz" will be created.

8. Double click this file to unzip it, you will get"Adobe Extension Manager CS6 6.0.1 05-23-2012.log". Open this file with TextEdit, then paste the content to this forum. Thanks!

• 3. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
              jrmyprtr Level 1

Hi,

That fixed the first issue but I still get these two errors:

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.1 Update

I have installed the Media Encoder update from a direct download as well but get the same error.

Cheers

• 4. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
                Xiaoyi Tong Adobe Employee

One possible cause of that is you changed or removed some files in Adobe Media Encoder CS6. When you try to install Adobe Media Encoder CS6.0.1 Update, the Update will check the files of CS6.0, so that it just replaces files which passed the check. Because some files were changed or removed, the check failed. As a result, installation of update failed too.

You can try to remove Adobe Media Encoder CS6, and install it again. Then try to install the 6.0.1 update.

• 5. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
                  Carl Sun Level 4

You can still follow the method above to generate log file for AME and CSXS Infrastructure and post them here. The only difference is that the file name is "Adobe Media Encoder .... 05-XX-2012.log.gz" or "...CSXS ...05-XX-2012.log.gz".

• 6. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
                    oneswelove

Hi,

Did exactly what was recommended and this was the result.  Now there's a new error code for Premiere Pro.

Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.1 Update

Adobe Extension Manager CS6 Update

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 6.0.1 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I208

• 7. Re: Error Code: U44M1I216 updating CS6 Creative Cloud
                      Carl Sun Level 4

In your previous post you said "That fixed the first issue but I still get these two errors". I assume that means that Extension Manager has been updated successfully, issues only exist on Media Encoder and CSXS Infrastructure. Then you shouldn't update Extension Manager again. If you can confirm the version of Extension Manager is 6.0.1.26, then nothing have to be done for Extension Manager.

For other products, please generate log files and post them here.