5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2008 1:25 PM by ntsiii

Is this a bug with PopUP???

babo_ya Level 3
      I have a pop up that ask user questions and so on.. everything works fine but, when the popup is removed and created again... stuffs that worked doesn't work..

any idea??

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Is this a bug with PopUP???
          slaingod Level 1
          Would need to see some example code to see what the issue was. Make sure that you are getting rid of the Popup properly with the PopupManager if that is what you are using.

Barring that, you can always simulate a popup by just doing a component.
          • 2. Re: Is this a bug with PopUP???
            babo_ya Level 3
            PopUpManager.removePopUp(this);

to remove the pop up, do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
            • 3. Re: Is this a bug with PopUP???
              slaingod Level 1
              Yes that should work. That said, it really depends on when/where you do it in code, if you have any initilaize/show/creationComplete/hide handlers, and if it is a module versus not, etc etc.

What specifically stops working?
              • 4. Is this a bug with PopUP???
                Starlover_jacob Level 1
                Hi,
                I used the following code:

--------------
                myTitleWindow = new TitleWindow();
                myTitleWindow.title = "My Window Title";
                myTitleWindow.width= 220;
                myTitleWindow.height= 150;
                PopUpManager.addPopUp(myTitleWindow,Application.application as Sprite, true);
                PopUpManager.centerPopUp(myTitleWindow);

PopUpManager.removePopUp(myTitleWindow);

--------------

I call the popup to show when an image is loaded and processed as a thumbnail.. this takes a while, so i show the popup during executing code.. when he is done i remove the popup.

The problem i have is that when i go over the same code again, the popup does show when he likes it.. so he shows it the first or second time, but it could be that the third time i run the same code, it only shows a gray screen..( like the background app when you show an alert window)

someone any idea on how to solve this? Or perhaps another way to notify the user he must wait..

Greets, jacob
                • 5. Re: Is this a bug with PopUP???
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  First, please do not hijack threads. Start your own subject unless you are responding to one.

Is "myTitleWindow" var declared in instance scope? If so, perhaps you should not re-create it every time? I am not sure this is the problem, just thinking aloud.