• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble inserting a Captivate demo into RoboHelp

May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having trouble inserting a Captivate demo into RoboHelp.  I'm using the Tech Comm Suite 3.

Each time I insert any Captivate demo into a RoboHelp file, the Captivate demo appears as a broken link, both in the preview pane as well as in previewing the file.

I have tried with numerous demos and in numerous RoboHelp files, even when creating a new RoboHelp file from scratch.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Thank you,

Olivia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does the demo work in your output? If not, can you confirm that the .swf is copied to your output folder?

Does your CP swf file have any special characters or spaces in the file name? If so, try renaming your .swf using only a-z, 0-9 and _ (no spaces).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William and Rick,

The demo does not work in the output.  Since I'm relatively new to RoboHelp, can you explain what you mean by the output folder?  If that's the project folder, then yes, the .swf is copied there.

The .swf file has no special characters.  I have tried numerous times both with my own files, as well as files from the book Essentials of Adobe RoboHelp9 HTML by Kevin Siegel.  Those files have been tested before being released to the public, but the .swf doesn't work on my system.

The files are located on my local system, not on the network.  I even put a file on my Desktop and tried to load that, with the same response. 

Any ideas are welcome!

Thank you,

Olivia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia

Let's try another approach. Use ScreenR or Jing to record adding one of these files to your project, generating and showing us what is going on. Perhaps by following you by "looking over your shoulder", we might see something that helps.

Another suggestion here would be to create a folder off your C drive named "Projects". Then create a folder inside that for each project you have. Give that a try and see if it changes anything.

Click here for Jing

Click here for ScreenR

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Hope you had a nice Memorial weekend. 

This morning, I downloaded Jing with the intent of showing you the problem I've been incurring.  While recording the steps and generating the file using Jing, the Captivate demo, the very same I'd been having problems with last week, actually worked!  Perhaps Jing is the magic key here (I know that's highly unlikely...).

If I encounter the problem again, I will come back to this forum.  Thank you for your help.

-Olivia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia

In addition to what Willam suggested, I will ask where your project is stored? Is it by chance on a network drive as you try and edit? If so, try moving it to your local C drive and see if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp