First of, it wasn't a question... But anyway:
- What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
Premiere Pro CS6, version 6.0.0 (319 (MC: 264587))
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
Windows 7 Professional, 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
DV AVI, NTSC, 720x480 0.9091, 29.97, 24 bits
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
No error message, just the color bars as described above.
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
Editing with Premiere and sipping cofee.
- Has this ever worked before?
Yes, in all previous versions (but different hardware).
- What other software are you running?
After Effects, Microsoft Word
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
ICM Microsoft RLE MRLE msrle32.dll 6.1.7601.17514 ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.1.7601.17514 ICM Microsoft YUV UYVY msyuv.dll 6.1.7601.17514 ICM Intel IYUV codec IYUV iyuv_32.dll 6.1.7601.17514 ICM Toshiba YUV Codec Y411 tsbyuv.dll 6.1.7601.17514 ICM Cinepak Codec by Radius cvid iccvid.dll 184.108.40.206 ICM DivX 6.9.2 Codec (16 Logical CPUs) divx DivX.dll 220.127.116.11 ICM DivX 6.9.2 YV12 Decoder yv12 DivX.dll 18.104.22.168 DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385 DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 6.1.7601.17514 DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2 wmvdecod.dll 6.1.7601.17514 DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385 DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
Dual Xeon E5-2643, 64GB RAM, Dual Quadro 4000
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
Yes, all of them.
I do see an 'edge' that pops up when using the cube spin. It looks to me like I'm seeing the media from clip B in that small vertical line during the transition.
Unfortunately, the only thing I can suggest is to report the issue and until it's corrected, not use Cube Spin.
Thanks for your reply. At least now we know that is happening to others as well.
I'll report the issue.