2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 7:07 AM by the_wine_snob

URGENT: Can't compile and it's due tomorrow!

Bunnub Level 1

So basically I've tried reinstalling premiere elements, rerunning it, reopening explorer.exe. Everything. I can not open a project file without it crashing. Anyway I would be so greatful if anyone could compile this for me and return it. My email address is TrentWDB@Gmail.com... Here is the file http://filesmelt.com/dl/My_Project-new_again.prel

• 1. Re: URGENT: Can't compile and it's due tomorrow!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The project file only contains instructions for the program, Bunnub. It's worthless without all the supporting media files it connects to.

That said, I'm sorry we can't be of more help -- but it's much easier for us to help you if we know about your system, your source video camcorder, your goals and more about what's going on when you do what.

Meantime, I highly recommend against including your e-mail address in your post. Spambots regularly cruise forums looking for e-mail addresses to bombard with spam.

• 2. Re: URGENT: Can't compile and it's due tomorrow!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I am unclear on what is happening.

You mention that you reinstalled PrE. Was there an initial problem with it?

You mention your Project file (PREL), and crashing. Where/when is the program crashing, and do you get any error, or warning messages? If so, what is the exact text of those, please?

For crashing and hanging of PrE, this ARTICLE might be useful. It begins with a checklist on getting the computer set up for PrE, then goes into some linked articles on tuning up one's system and OS, and finishes with troubleshooting tips and links.

Also, as Steve explains, the Project file (PREL) does not have any media in it, but only links to that material. This ARTICLE goes into detail on the Project files, plus explains Saves, which will save the Project file - there are basically three main Saves, and then the AutoSaves.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please,

Hunt