3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 7:54 AM by Mylenium

Why does the export quality of my vector image degrade when effects are applied?

c_r_u

Hi guys,

I am unsure as to where I am going wrong...

Basically, I created a patterned background on AI and imported it straight into AE, where I set keyframes for it to rotate. I added fractal noise (got my desired effect).

On separate layers in the same composition I simulated ccParticle World, for which I created a shape layer to link to the texture - I added 'glow' to this. I also added another ccParticle World layer using 'faded sphere' to which I also added 'glow' and altered the opacity etc.

My compostion is HDTV 1080 25, square pixels.

I have Production Premium CS5.

I am trying to export the video as Windows Media: HDTV 1080p 25 HQ.

When I export the video in HD (using Media Encoder) the vector background from AI is slightly grainy and not smooth and the edges are almost pixelated. I have tried exporting the rotating background on its own without any other layers and it looks fine - it is just when I make the other layers visible. It looks perfect in AE too even with the layers visible: it is just when I export the whole composition.

H.264: 1080p & 720p HQ seem to work fine, but I really need the export to be WMV to be compatible with certain programs myself and clients are using.

I have got the continuously rasterize box checked.

Am I missing something?