2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 12:29 AM by johnaoneal

Flash CS6 crashing on Illustrator import

johnaoneal Level 1

After installing the latest versions of Flash and Illustrator CS6 I can no import from illustrator to Flash.  When I do, the Flash total crashes and exits and Win7 creates (an unreadable) crash log.  I can copy from illustrator to FW, and I can copy and paste into Flash as image, but when I try "copy as vectors" in FW and paste into Flash, I get the same problem.  Flash totally dies.

Anybody got any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Flash CS6 crashing on Illustrator import
          Sudeshnasarkar27 Adobe Employee

Hi John ,

I tried copying illustrator files from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe Flash CS6 , I was able to do that without any crashes encountered.

paste.png

I get this dialog and all the options are working as expected.

In order to help us investigate the issue that you are facing , can you share the AI/Fireworks file with us.

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team.

• 2. Re: Flash CS6 crashing on Illustrator import
            johnaoneal Level 1

It wasn't an issue with the files or programs, particularly, but with the installation of CS6 after uninstalling CS 5.5 (as well as using the Adobe clean up tool).  I could tell this because i could get it to work fine on a clean vm.  Regardless, I took a chance with a commercial registry cleaner, and much to my surprise, it worked.  Unfortunately, as it detected and fixed some 3,000 registry errors, I can't  be of much help to anyone else who has the problem.  But that's where the problem was.

-J