6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 10:08 AM by Ed Foster, Jr.

Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick

Ed Foster, Jr.

I am using Photoshop Extended CS6 on a Mac with OS 10.7.4 and the latest driver for an Epson 7800 just downloaded from the Epson site. In the Print Settings dialogue "Page Setup" defaults to "Roll Paper - Banner" and any other selection such as sheet does not stick when saving a printing preset. Once selected, it appears to stay for one print, but returns to roll paper so that it needs to be reset with every print.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks,

Ed

• 1. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
          ed gately

I would like to second this issue.  For me it wants to default to ROLL PAPER - BORDERLESS (Auto Expand) on my Epson 9900.  I try to change it to Banner and save it.  Come back its missing.  I have tried creating a saved Preset.. it also does not seem to maintain this information.

• 2. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
            Ed Foster, Jr. Level 1

Ed,

I am due to have a conversation with Epson tomorrow. If they can provide any positive help with this situation, I will report back.

Ed

• 3. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
              ed gately Level 1

Thanks.  Looking forward to the response.  I validated it is happening in other applications.  Sadly... I just had a batch of prints get nailed by this... Lesson learned... I only measured one side of the print to validate accuracy... the other measurement was scaled down by .25" ruining 20 gallery wrap prints.  fun fun.  I added a new item to my checklist today

Ed

• 4. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
                Ed Foster, Jr. Level 1

Ed,

I spoke with Jim at Epson and went through all the motions of trashing Epson file, uninstalling, repairing permissions, reinstalling the driver, repairing permissions, all to no avail. I then spoke with Zack at Epson and he will speak with one of the software engineers tomorrow and promised a return call. I'll keep you posted.

Ed

• 5. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
                  ed gately Level 1

Thanks Ed.  I did get some results by using a custom paper size and altering the margins.  The driver seemed to auto pick the paper type based on the margin change.  When set to 0 0 0 0 it had it one the AUTO EXPAND option.  When I set it to 0 .56 0 .56 it moved back to just ROLL PAPER.

My sizing issues may have actually been an issue of back tension and canvas stretching which I am finding to be a common issues based on materials/roll.

Ed

• 6. Re: Photoshop and CS6 Epson Page Settings do not stick
                    Ed Foster, Jr. Level 1

Ed,

I noticed the same thing with the margins, however, as I use mostly large sheet sizes (I had the paper curl of rolls) that does not affect the lack of a sticky setting for "sheet" when I save a preset.

I had three conversations this week with Epson Technical Support. The last one being today with Ron who took control of my desktop and found out for himself exactly what I was saying. He then spoke to others in his department and came back with the response, "apparently this is an issue we are aware of and it will be fixed." "When," I asked. He didn't know and said to just keep checking for an update their drivers page.

Personally, I will not hold my breath. I would suspect that in the grand scheme of things, this bug is of very low priority.

Ed