2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2012 10:40 PM by EV WD

Cannot preview my BC site from dreamweaver or put files to BC server

EV WD Level 1

I am new to BC and right now I am trying to find out if it could be right for me. Didn´t get very far:

I created a new blank Business Catalyst template in Dreamweaver, designed the template, inserted an editable region and now I am trying to preview the template in Sarafi from DW. DW is connected to my BC account and I see all the remote files and everything seems fine, but when I click preview in Safari, it says:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

And when I go back to DW, it says:

An FTP error occurred - cannot put template.dwt.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

When I create a new site based on that template, I can preview that site but without the css or the template. I just see the area where I have an editable region in the browser.

Any help? What is causing this? How can I design a template in DW and preview it in Dw and in the end, publish it?

I have watched all the tutorials but I cannot get anywhere from here.