6 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2012 10:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom

Bone0001

Premiere Elements 10 crashes and shuts down if I use the pan & zoom tool for 5 to 10 pictures.

Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Do I need to re-install the software?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
          Barbara B. Level 7

Moving to the premiere elements forum

• 2. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
            Bone0001 Level 1

Thank you for getting this to the correct people.

"I can see clearly nowŠ."

"Let everyman be master of his time" because "Life is not measured by the

number of breaths you take but by the moments that take our breaths awayŠ."

"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giantsŠ"

Bone

St.Dominic Bonaparte

500 Tassy Ct. SE

ABQ, NM 87123-3710

Phone: 505-980-7300

email: sdbonaparte@comcast.net

• 3. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What is your Project Preset, and what are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the Still Images? They should be Scaled to very near the dimensions of the Project's Frame Size. This ARTICLE goes into more detail, and gives tips on batch Scaling in Photoshop, or PS Elements.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, when PrE is hanging, or crashing, this ARTICLE might be useful. First, it starts with tips on getting one's computer set up to run PrE best, then offers links on tuning up one's computer and OS, and finally, offers links for trouble shooting issues. If the Scaling of those Still Images does not help, look at this. If nothing helps, there is a link to "Got a Problem? How to Get Started." It talks about the information that would be helpful for others to remotely trouble shoot issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
                  Bone0001 Level 1

Thanks

I was afraid I might have to do a reinstall.

I basically do what you suggested as far as setting up my pictures in

Photoshop elements. Except I am using the MAC version.

I am new to both MACs and Photoshop.  I will play around with the initial

settings to serif I can get the program running without crashing.

Thanks for your help.

"I can see clearly nowŠ."

"Let everyman be master of his time" because "Life is not measured by the

number of breaths you take but by the moments that take our breaths awayŠ."

"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giantsŠ"

Bone

St.Dominic Bonaparte

500 Tassy Ct. SE

ABQ, NM 87123-3710

Phone: 505-980-7300

email: sdbonaparte@comcast.net

• 6. Re: Premiere 10 crashes during pan & zoom
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Bone,

The tips in that article are more PC-centric. First, I am a PC-only person, so know little to nothing about Macs, and next, when that article was started, PrE was PC-only. Mac support did not come for a version, or two.

I would wager that all of the "tools" in the trouble shooting section are PC-only, though similar should be available for the Mac, but I have no tips on names, etc..

Good luck, and remember, overly-large Still Images can crash PrE on either platform. All those extra, and unused pixels, can bring the computer to its knees. Always Scale to near the Frame Size of the Project, before Import.

Hunt