8 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 4:26 AM by Arpit Kapoor

Camera Raw 6.7

LP26

I have installed CS6 and now can no longer open my Nikon D800 files in Photoshop.

Lightroom 4 works with these files, but not photoshop CS6.

I downloaded the Camera Raw 6.7 patch. It delivers a message that it cannot apply the patch to my system

Odd that Lightroom 4 works, but Photoshop 6 does not.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Camera Raw 6.7
          LP26 Level 1

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CS6.

When I check Plug-ins in Photoshop it indicates that I have Camera Raw 7 installed.

My D800 files will not open. I get a dialog box indicating that the D800 is an unsupported camera.

Not according to Adobe's list of supported cameras.

I can convert the D800 files to .dng using the DNG converter.

• 2. Re: Camera Raw 6.7
            Arpit Kapoor Adobe Employee

Photoshop CS6 come with ACR 7.0 which does not support Cannon D800. So, you need to update to ACR 7.1

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw7-1/

Also, D800 is supported by ACR7.1 that you might already have in your Lightroom 4.1, which is still in RC. That's the reason it works fine in LR4.1.

Hope that Helps!

• 3. Re: Camera Raw 6.7

Moving the discussion to Adobe Camera Raw Forum.

• 4. Re: Camera Raw 6.7
                LP26 Level 1

Thanks for the response.

I did download ACR 7.1 and Photoshop CS6 now opens the Nikon D800 files. Lightroom 4 had no problem with the D800 files utilizing ACR 6.6 or 6.7. One might assume that Nikon D800 support had carries forward to ACR 7.

I was by the way, absoultely unaware of the ACR 7.1 Beta and I do try to keep myself informed as I am a working professional editorial photographer.

I'll keep an eye out for a final version of ACR 7.1.

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Camera Raw 6.7
                  Yammer Level 4

Arpit Kapoor wrote:

Moving the discussion to Adobe Camera Raw Forum.

Where are these 5DIII/D800/CR7.1 questions being asked?

If they're all in the same forum, would it not be a good idea to sticky a response there, rather than moving them all to somewhere where they won't be read by similar people?

• 6. Re: Camera Raw 6.7

Yammer, actually since the query is regarding Camera Raw. So, its better we move it to the respective forum. People might check the similar issue on that forum itself as they are expected to post the query into their respective forums like in this case Adobe Camera Raw.

Cheers!

• 7. Re: Camera Raw 6.7
                      Yammer Level 4

Arpit Kapoor wrote:

Yammer, actually since the query is regarding Camera Raw. So, its better we move it to the respective forum. People might check the similar issue on that forum itself as they are expected to post the query into their respective forums like in this case Adobe Camera Raw.

Sorry, I can't understand that. Can you rephrase?

My logic is this: the Camera Raw forum is already coming down with lots of similar questions, since the launch of CS6 and the D800/5DIII. We don't need any more.

Surely, if lots of users of, say, the Photoshop forum, are failing to locate the Camera Raw forum to answer the same question over and over, it would make more sense to leave an answer (or pointer) there, rather than move them all to a location where they are not looking, would it not?

I'm not going to argue about this, I'm just trying to provide a bit of common sense.

• 8. Re: Camera Raw 6.7

Yammer i understand your concern but since, the issue here is related to Camera Raw, so, ideally it should me moved to the respective forum. But yes, that's also valid that we might leave the pointer to that forum here on this post but people should go to the correct forum for getting their query answered.

Anyways, changes have already been made now.