2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 3:21 AM by nealeh

Hauppauge High Definition Video Capture

nealeh Level 5

Does anyone have experience of the "Hauppauge HD PVR USB Hi-def H.264 Video Capture Device,high Definition USB 2.0 Video Capture With Hardware H.264 Video Encoders"?

If so what do you think of it?

Leaving aside PVR (it isn't in my opinion as it needs to be connected to a PC for recording) and the over emphasis on recording gaming sessions it sounds as though it might be a handy High Definition equivalent of the Canopus ADVC analogue to digital converter range.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 1. Re: Hauppauge High Definition Video Capture
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

I have never used one, nor have I read many articles from those, who have used it. The exception has been some users, who have had issues with Hauppage capture cards, but I do not know of any, who used this device.

Good luck, and wish that I could help, but will follow the thread, in hopes of learning something new.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Hauppauge High Definition Video Capture
            nealeh Level 5

Most of the reviews I've seen are from gamers who seem pretty pleased with it. And, as it produces H.264 AVCHD, should be quite a good fit with PRE.  I'm tempted because it bundles the Arcsoft Total Media Theatre Blu-Ray player software and none of my existing software players play BR.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children